Whats a good Audioplayer?

Littlex

Veteran X
Hey TW,

currently i was using winamp5 but i would like to switch to another audioplayer because its gets bloated more and more. I was looking at iTunes but its hogging to much resources and i have an aversion vs quicktime. Foobar2k is to nerdy, you have to install one billion plugins to get a decent look and functionality.

I dont care about tag managment or medialibrary functionality.

So could anybody please recommend me a decent player?

A few plugins will fix that and what do you care about it looking like crap if your priority is small memory footprint?

uhhh

winamp 5.1 classic mode takes up 2 megs of ram

you can get a plugin for any file format

maybe it's not for stupid people? shrug

Yeah its not like i hate winamp but the constant float of security exploits and the knowledge that its programmed halfhearted since aol took it over are the main reasons for me to change to another player.

Hey homo, if you think Winamp is bloated that just means you're extremely dumb. All you have to do is download the full version then not install video, library, agent, burning, encoding, or anything else you don't need. My Winamp install is a total of 10MB and takes only 1.5MB of memory when it's playing. Just like everyone else said there are plugins for any file format. I can't believe you would even try iTunes if you think Winamp is bloated.

You're worried about security exploits in an MP3 player?! What kind of things do you do with that computer?

How much fucking ram do you have to say winamp is bloated? 16megs of ram? Are you running windows95? Good Christ, buy some ram.

Foobar2k is to nerdy, you have to install one billion plugins to get a decent look and functionality.
You install it and you're done. Plays the most common formats like mp3, ogg, m4a and what functionality are you missing exactly?

You install it and you're done. Plays the most common formats like mp3, ogg, m4a and what functionality are you missing exactly?

He obviously wants it to looks really hip and cool so that when he posts screenshots in the weekly "Post your desktop" thread, people might think that he is also hip and cool.

walkman.jpg

Back