What the hell is wrong with school systems today?

Lockup

Veteran XV
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/8526614/detail.html

Elizabeth Haas told reporters that she was told to turn her Marine Corps shirt inside out and when she did and then turned it back the right way, she was suspended. Haas, an 11-year-old sixth grader, said that she wears a USMC shirt every day to support her brother, who is in the Corps, and she wasn't aware of the ban until she was suspended.

I am so tired of these whiney ass liberal tree hugging administrators in these school systems corrupting the minds of the youth today in thinking that it is ok to ban everything if somebody might be offended.

While the article talks mostly about the flag banning nonsense I am talking about suspnding the girl for simply wearing a shirt that said Marines on it. Since when was it not ok to simply wear a shirt that has one of the armed forces on it? Since when is it ok to tell students they should not show pride in the country nor the armed forces?

I am sure this is all about the war. Who gives a fuck! You want to ban shirts that make some sort of statement for or against the war then fine. What harm is there in letting a kid wear shirt that says Go Navy! on it or any other armed force?

I heard on the news this morning that this happened around where I live to I think. A 12 year old girl was suspended for wearing a shirt that said Marines on it nothing more. She wore the shirt because her grandfather was in the Marines and died last year. WTF?

You know what I say to these people? GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY AND TAKE THE ILLEGIAL MEXICANS WITH YOU!

BTW Props to Denver for telling the school system to STFU and let them wear American flags.

That little girl should have been publically sodomized in front of her peers as a lesson to anyone who supports America.

VOTE KERRY!

The problem with our school systems is that we have allowed them to get sued for eveything in the past so they are afraid of anything in the future.

Last edited:
NoGodForMe said:
The problem with school systems, is they don't teach things you need to know in the real world.
Like how to post an oil change for the rest of the internets consumption?

Brasstax said:
The problem with the school systems is that we have allowed them to get sued for eveything in the past so they are afraid of anything in the future.

^^^

if parents took some responsibility for their children for once, and weren't so quick to blame the schools, the institutions wouldn't be so afraid, and wouldn't make so many fucked-up calls like this one.

That is just retarded..... wow.
Id like to actually see which Marine shirt she was wearing because there ARE some out there that are questionable for an 11 yo. That is the only thing I can think of...

Brasstax said:
The problem with the school systems is that we have allowed them to get sued for eveything in the past so they are afraid of anything in the future.

I disagree on this. I don't think this is about being afraid of getting sued. I think this is about trying to have a place that is free of any kind of conflict. They are worried that if somebody wears an Amercian Flag that might offend Jesus who's parents are here illegaly and will likely get deported. Wearing a shirt with an armed forces logo on it might offend a war protesters kid.

In this case I say to fucking bad. There is nothing wrong with wearing a flag or militray logo. You are not specifally making any kind of statement other than you are proud to be an American or you like a certain military branch.

These schools are so afraid of conflict their answer is to ban anything that can offend anybody. Well in the real world people are offended for many reasons and sometimes those reasons are just stupid. If these school systems cannot handle it then they need to get people in there who can.

TF_Grungir said:
That is just retarded..... wow.
Id like to actually see which Marine shirt she was wearing because there ARE some out there that are questionable for an 11 yo. That is the only thing I can think of...

I am not sure it matters which one you wear. From what I understand if it says Marines on it you can't wear it.

Lockup said:
I am not sure it matters which one you wear. From what I understand if it says Marines on it you can't wear it.

Ok, well then that is just stupid. I was just wondering if it was one of those iffy "moto" shirts.

Lockup said:
I disagree on this. I don't think this is about being afraid of getting sued. I think this is about trying to have a place that is free of any kind of conflict. They are worried that if somebody wears an Amercian Flag that might offend Jesus who's parents are here illegaly and will likely get deported. Wearing a shirt with an armed forces logo on it might offend a war protesters kid.

In this case I say to fucking bad. There is nothing wrong with wearing a flag or militray logo. You are not specifally making any kind of statement other than you are proud to be an American or you like a certain military branch.

These schools are so afraid of conflict their answer is to ban anything that can offend anybody. Well in the real world people are offended for many reasons and sometimes those reasons are just stupid. If these school systems cannot handle it then they need to get people in there who can.
Sounds about right to me. Honestly if they are going to keep banning shit like this fucking make them wear uniforms that have a barcode on them. Then the teachers wouldn't call them by name just scan them in and such. Im glad I didn't goto public school and I will do everything in my power to send my kids to a private school unless we live in a good public school district.

It is amazing we did not seem to have these problems when I was a kid going to school. Sure there was stuff you could not wear but nothing this extreme. I agree the uniform thing is the way to go if these school systems are so damn afraid. Personally I would rather leave it like it is rather than wrapping up a fortune in uniforms just so my kid can go to school.

There is nothing wrong with public schools. I am sure there are cripes about private ones too. Just in public schools there seem to be more idiots like these administrators.

To the point of the article...they banned all flags because the students were acting like douchebags. That is the problem with our schools...kick the douchebags out and the problem is solved. If their parents cannot "convince" them to behave, they don't come back. It isn't the schools job to raise your kids.

Lockup said:
I am so tired of these whiney ass liberal tree hugging administrators
I like how since you disagree with the school's administration, that they must be whiney ass liberal tree huggers.

Back