What the HELL is Lucas doing....

FlailingSoldier

Veteran XX
So I just finished watching Return of the Jedi on DVD....

I'm sure this is ofn but I couldn't find a thread that brought it up. Anyway, at the end, during the Ewok celebration, when Luke turns to look at the spirits of Anakin, Yoda, and Ben, the original special edition still showed the guy that played the old Anakin.

Now in the DVD I find that Lucas replaced the same actor with HAYDEN CHRISTIANSEN as the YOUNG Anakin??? Wow, that makes sense. Plus, he's just standing there with this fricking retarded look on his face. What the fuck...it was perfectly FINE the way it was before!

Anyone else share my thoughts of Lucas' obsessive stupidity?

While i agree, you have the old movies for that.

Apparently, when the "good" in someone dies their spirit will forever look like the way they died.

meaning... he turned bad at that physical looking state in his life.

what the fuck, anakin is all old and shit, there is no reason to change it. No one knows what he will look like.

yeah but akuma if that was the case he would have looked like Vader cause there was good in him when he tossed the emperor's ass over that railing.

AkumA said:
While i agree, you have the old movies for that.

Apparently, when the "good" in someone dies their spirit will forever look like the way they died.

meaning... he turned bad at that physical looking state in his life.

As handy as that "explanation" is, and as fond as Star Wars fans are of making up shit to explain away Lucas' monumental stupidity at times (Kessel Run in less than 12 Parsecs?), there's still a problem with that.

Vader goes "good" again before he dies, and dies with some redemption. How come his spirit doesn't "catch up" again with his shape then??

Oh, that's right, because it's just Lucas fucking with things to make more money and try to convince people of links that don't need to exist.

6-02-1997.jpg

6-02-2004.jpg

Yup, fucking stupid, touching up stuff is one thing, but this is ridiculous.

There's also a new "celebration" scene after the Death Star is destroyed, which shows the Gungans dancing around on Naboo (god knows why he threw that in there too, Naboo has nothing to do with these movies). LUCKILY though, Jar Jar is nowhere in sight...

MC Hamster said:
Vader goes "good" again before he dies, and dies with some redemption. How come his spirit doesn't "catch up" again with his shape then??

no you got it wrong.. the good in Vader never died.
He suppreses it with the darkside.

The final confrontation between his son and the emperor is what drawls out his true self.

on one hand, it's george lucas' creation and he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it

but on the other hand if he pisses off his fans he has nothing

Yakuza? said:
no you got it wrong.. the good in Vader never died.
He suppreses it with the darkside.

The final confrontation between his son and the emperor is what drawls out his true self.

Ok, then my point still stands, and the "old" vader is still the correct (or.. more correct, what about all that funky crap under his helmet?) form.

read my other post.

IMO Lucas will win this one.. he obviously doesnt give 2 shits about die hard fans and continues to cater to the Mindless masses.
His spaceopera imo is has made a hard left turn since return of the jedi. To appeal to kids and merchandicing. this is just further proof to me.

on a side note it is also a lazy attempt at establishing more continuity. which is another downfall of the prequels.. too much continuity!

wierd i was just gonna post this for u nerds.. it is askmen.com fact of the day:

In early Star Wars script drafts, Luke's last name is Starkiller, not Skywalker.

anyway star wars and star treck and starcraft.. all suck my chode...

Back