What is this weapon?

LordCr0m

Veteran X
Come on TW weapons experts. What is this?

021607_mysteryweapon_text.jpg

Potato gun?

Its clearly not refined enough to be a manufactured weapon - look at the stock.

It's kinda got a bit of 'recoilless rifle' about it, but it's a goddamn dodgy looking thing. Looks like some badly home-made thing, but there's been some pretty goddamn home-made looking weapons slapped together in the past.

Come on TW weapons experts. What is this?

021607_mysteryweapon_text.jpg
Considering that it looks cobbled together, I'd say it either isn't real or is a one-off.

It's retarded. It has two pistol grips, including one hanging off the stock for no reason. The stock does not cleanly intersect the main body. There's no clear place for a magazine.

It looks to me like th bastard child of a Vintorez and Aug stuffed into a poster tube and given high school shop class components.

Its more than likely a selfconstructed rocket launcher. But the stock looks like crap.
You don't have the slightest idea of how an anti-tank weapon functions, do you?

looks like an rpg
If you mean that it looks absolutely nothing like an RPG of any make or model, you would be correct.

It's kinda got a bit of 'recoilless rifle' about it, but it's a goddamn dodgy looking thing. Looks like some badly home-made thing, but there's been some pretty goddamn home-made looking weapons slapped together in the past.
If it's a recoilless rifle, then the user is suicidal. Look at the optics. Look at the butt. Look at the trigger placement. This is not designed to be fired from the shoulder. If the trigger was on the front pistol grip, maybe, but it's further aft.

Also, I've never seen an RR design where the barrel flares or tapers towards the muzzle. Towards the rear, yes, but it's always smooth and gentle (something to do with exhaust that has enough force to kill you, I'd imagine.)

If it's a recoilless rifle, then the user is suicidal. Look at the optics. Look at the butt. Look at the trigger placement. This is not designed to be fired from the shoulder. If the trigger was on the front pistol grip, maybe, but it's further aft.

Also, I've never seen an RR design where the barrel flares or tapers towards the muzzle. Towards the rear, yes, but it's always smooth and gentle (something to do with exhaust that has enough force to kill you, I'd imagine.)

I never said anything about it being a good design, just that it had a little of the look about it.

My prevailing opinion is that it's a spud gun made by a 12 year old. I'm just not ruling out the possibility that someone actually seriously made something like it, coz people have done some really fucking weird things with weapon designs...

it's a modified RPG thrower some iraqi cobbled together and probably killed himself when he fired it.

at least that is what the conversation ended up like on a different forum.

Back