what is the best SLR I can get for my money!

brabus_slr_mclaren.jpg

Refurbished:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi Black w/ EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens (Black) - REFURBISHED | BuyDig.com, The Internet's Digital Superstore

or just spend the extra $ and get a new XSi

Edit:
$500 not $500k :p

--
so I'm checking out reviews and the canon 30D has nice reviews and is an older camera, isn't even listed on canon's website. can't find a good condition one for anything less than $600.

but the rebel XSi 12mp with lens I can find for $600

what's the big difference between these cameras?

As far as i know the processor and some internal bits. But hey thats the core of the camera. The DigicProc 3 is awesome.

Last edited:
I have one, it rocks. I can't wait for spring/summer again, there is only so many gloomy winter pics you can take.

nearly new with lens for $500

like.. a used d80, maybe? with a kit. If you want anything decent prepare to spend at least twice that for used equipment.

never buy camera gear new. (and never buy used from a store, either. buy used from other photographers.)

Last edited:
I got a used canon d60 for $180 a while back. I then used the rest of my 500 limit on a good lens. The body will end up being the smallest part of a DSLR investment.

It still takes better pictures than any P&S you can get for that price. It isnt like im a pro and need a 30 picture buffer and RAW+Jpeg or all this other stuff.

A D80 alone should be easily obtainable for about 500. If its not listed at that much, you should be able to talk them down to that price.

And you really shouldn't set an arbitrary budget of 500 (its not enough) but an 18-55 3.5-5.6 or a 50 1.8 will run 70 used.

I searched D80 and came across:

FS: Reduced! Nikon D80 w/Tamron 17-50 f2.8 - FM Forums

You can talk him down, just ask for body only. The 2.8 lens is driving the price up.

Sold: Nikon D80 $370 shipped - FM Forums

^370 if its not sold probably your best bet! (ah nm sold)

The running fair price seems to be around 400..

Last edited:
Back