What if you couldn't grapple terrain?

Wouldn't help much on maps like Spiridian, Junk, Emerald etc... :shrug:

Granted, it would force some planning ahead, but there are already plenty of non-terrain entities that you can abuse. The problem's with the physics.

CarpeIppon said:
you'd be better off not being able to grapple buildings. Thats what makes grapplers hard to kill.

No, grappling terrain does for 90% of the maps, junk + spiridian being the two biggest exceptions to that. Give a good LO a burner and somoene doing grapple loops is dead.

Red Shifter said:
What if you couldn't grapple terrain?

then t:v would be somewhat more dull, requiring less skill

but I guess it would please those who love easy targets

Darklord said:
Give a good LO a burner and somoene doing grapple loops is dead.

this is what you call playing the game, beats whinging about a kickarse tool

blissful said:
then t:v would be somewhat more dull, requiring less skill

but I guess it would please those who love easy targets

If you're an easy target because you can't grapple, that says volumes about supposed skill.

I believe heightened mobility over average gives the wearer a distinct advantage

I personally don't like to play communist paper/scissors/rock so I'm all for artisans in their own right.. but then again, what good is something if you don't understand the dynamics

just as ones aim might share the ambience of last weeks tuna casserole left out, it may also be a religion in itself

i would say, the grappler should probably work on certain material only, not on soft soil, but on stone, steel and everything that is hard enough to keep one grounded. Soft soil simply wouldn't withstand the force a player is exciting.

G|ga said:
i would say, the grappler should probably work on certain material only, not on soft soil, but on stone, steel and everything that is hard enough to keep one grounded. Soft soil simply wouldn't withstand the force a player is exciting.

because men flying around in battle armor with jetpacks, shooting explosive blue frisbees at one another is the hallmark of realism?

edit: assholishness aside that does seem somewhat reasonable , heh.

some good ideas...
also, i think the ammo should be reduced to 5 or something...
This way, youll have only a few shots with it so make them count.

Or, you know, you could just have the grappler hook break if someone shoots it with anything heavier than a chaingun projectile.

I use the grappler alot so I know the ways in which its utilized, and can normally predict what people are going to be doing it. Unfortunately I can't get past that step, just can't aim at them worth beans. Apparently leaving my zoom on 4x isn't such a good idea, but its annoying to always be switching out the zoom.

How do you come with such difficult solutions where we could just take the grappler ammo down to something like 5 or 8 (+1 Neolotus) and maybe make reloading it a bit longer.

If someone is to do something against grappler monkeys without deleting that weapon then let us them have an easy way of doing so...

Fofmod was already created and released. It addressed the 2 Biggest (there are PLENTY of others) balance issues in the game:

8 Grapple Ammo + Breakable Hooks (20 Dmg Default but changeable)

and

Reduced Active Shield protection for Lights & Mediums to kill Unrealistic "3 LD Disced and Naded me on the stand and i shot across the entire map with half health" BS of the current 80% protection.

It just hasnt been Implemented on Any Servers sadly. CompMod version.5 is also out but it has many more test changes and is incomplete... fofmod was meant to be standalone and I am really sad to see it wasnt added to alot of servers... this alone would Majorly change the grapple/shield inequalities of the current crappy Pubs.

Stop fucking lying. You did NOT do what the 5150 guys asked for. You added several idiotic changes, and make the "recharge" time even shorter for the shieldpack.

The asked for two simple changes, and you just couldn't comply.

You idiots need to learn to be good with all the weapons before you bitch about the grapple. If you got such an issue with the grapple monkeys, either learn to snipe, learn to ski and burn or quit the game cause you suck. Theres no need for more incessent bitching in this community.

The Grappler is not Tribes. Its a novel idea, but got old real fast once the fuzzy-newness wore off. It simply isn't fun... unless you're the one abusing it.

Back