What has happened to customer service?

Gangrel

Contributor
Veteran XV
I call verizon today...

I have had verizon FIOS internet for 2 years. I've had TV for 4 months. In those 4 months, I've received 4 incorrect bills, resulting in 6-8 calls to them to correct the bills, 1 change in packaging and the loss of one service.

I call today, mad as hell that I've received my fourth bill. I talk to a supervisor and tell them of my concerns, how they haven't honored their deal, etc. I'm a calm person, no yelling, just saying that it's unacceptable that they aren't honoring their deal.

Despite my repeated statements to that end, all I get is "Well, your package changed so your benefits changed", of which we were never informed. I tell him this as well. Anyway, long story short, besides all of their fuck ups and my complaining, the billing issue is only half corrected, I got rid of my movie package and I get one extra month on my free DVR.

It used to be that when you called of a freakin' minor complaint, companies bent over backwards to correct their mistakes and make the customer happy. Now, its "Sucks to be you, fuck off"

Cliffs:
Verizon fucks up bill over and over
Entirely their fault
I complain numerous times
They refuse to make any compensation

You should write and mail a physical letter to the office of the president of Verizon. You will then get the response you expect. Be sure to specifically cite your concerns as well as past interactions with customer service.

Just because we're a "service" industry now doesn't mean we're going to give you the correct services. I mean our industrial output is growing at an exponential rate.

hardly anyone gives a fuck about anyone else anymore, do you really expect customers to be treated any differently?

especially, since most put up with the shitty treatment

As former Verizon employee (IT) I can tell you the problem; if you haven't guessed already is the employee ineptitude.

I used to run prog sims for their billing program, and they actually have one of the best, most accurate billing systems in the industry. The problem, is in fact it is a pretty complicated system, and most of the time the $11.00 an hour employee that got you on your package didn't build it right, so when the system goes to process it your bill gets fucked up.

As far as compensation goes, it was at least on the wireless side (where I worked) that compensation is never, ever offered as a means of satisfaction. If it was a Verizon error that you were overbilled, they will correct it, and your next bill "should" be correct, but they aren't going to extend you a courtesy credit or whatever if that is what you are looking for (couldn't tell from the OP)

i like customer service a whole lot better when its coming from india

at least those d00ds care about their job

and i don't get juggernaught answering the phone etc

internet/tv/phone companies can literally do whatever they want and all of their customer service is shit

i thought everyone knew this

edit: it's been like this since the late 90s

I canceled my all my verizon services (fios, tv, wireless) 6 months ago because of their terrible customer service. They still owe me $80 for overcharging but wont pay.

I get monthly bills for -$80.
fuck

Customer service has been fine for me recently. I wasn't getting email for a couple of days, contacted my ISP to find out the email accounts were accidentally disabled and were quickly restored.

Customers that think "the customer is always right" killed customer service.

Wah wah wah, I got overcharged, pay me 500% more in the cost of services compared to what I was charged, that's what you SHOULD do.

Stop being a shallow cunt and find a new service provider, problem solved.

They do not care about *you*

*You* are a fraction of a percentage that varies week to week

*You* are no one to them, and there is no changing that

Cancel your service if you don't like what they have to offer, but know that it will not make a difference. They will buy up more lines, more areas, more smaller companies, and nothing will ever change.

Call centers suck. People hate it and there is massive turnover, so chances are the person who answers the phone is spending more time updating their resume so they can do anything other than customer service.

They do not care about *you*

*You* are a fraction of a percentage that varies week to week

*You* are no one to them, and there is no changing that

Cancel your service if you don't like what they have to offer, but know that it will not make a difference. They will buy up more lines, more areas, more smaller companies, and nothing will ever change.

No shit. What's sad is that it's even worse up here in Canada as far as services go. Shaw Cable advertises that they don't make you sign a term contract but that's only because they're typically the best service in the area.

Call centers suck. People hate it and there is massive turnover, so chances are the person who answers the phone is spending more time updating their resume so they can do anything other than customer service.

Also if it's a call center that does outsource work, a lot of times the client (Verizon, Comcast, HP, etc) doesn't give nearly enough access to the necessary information or tools so a lot of times what the person is telling you is completely made up on the spot. That or they literally can't do anything to help you, even if they want to and are technically allowed to.

Customers that think "the customer is always right" killed customer service.

Wah wah wah, I got overcharged, pay me 500% more in the cost of services compared to what I was charged, that's what you SHOULD do.

Stop being a shallow cunt and find a new service provider, problem solved.

I agree, to some extent. It's not like I expect them to give me free service for a year, but hell... I remember when we used charter internet as a kid... If you made even a minor complaint they'd end up giving you a free month of HBO or something.

It's not the monetary gain, its about showing that you do give a crap about your customers. Rather, I get to hear about "well.. the last person shoulda told you that"

They didn't, dipshit, and I shouldn't have to lose services/pay extra because of your mistakes.

The damn thing is they are still the best deal available. I'm debating switching on principle, but they all screw you somehow.

Back