What are some good polarized sunglasses?

link_

Veteran X
I am about to pull the trigger on some Oakley Gascan S's, but I was wondering if there are any other sunglasses I should be looking at. These are pretty pricey.

The reason I want these is because I had a pair for about a year (a pair that I found on the ground in the middle of no where) and I liked them. I let my roommate take them on a trip and he lost them. :/ He offered to buy me a new set but I can't in good conscious make him pay for new ones when I didn't pay for those in the first place.

Any suggestions? Where can I find the best prices?

Ive seen TW's sunglasses threads before. My best advice is not to take any advice from TW.

I'm on my second set of Ray Bans.
The first lasted me 6 years and cost $250.
This second pair is 3 months old so far. They cost around the same again. They are polarized.

I cannot say enough good things about Ray Bans. I really dislike big sunglasses, and I like metal frames. These may sound like simple requirements, but sometimes they are strangely hard to find.

I have never paid more than $15 on sunglasses up until this point.

The only reason I am even considering it is because of how well my old ones held up under the constant abuse I put them through. They never broke or scratched (really badly) and they fit well enough to block out the sun from peekin through the sides. Hopefully the S version is similar in that regard. The only complaint I have about the Gascan original is that they were a tad bulky. The S version is suppose to address that.

Any 10 buck ones. You must have a small, small cock if you need to compensate with expensive sunglasses.

Any 10 buck ones. You must have a small, small cock if you need to compensate with expensive sunglasses.

I bought a $25 pair and they broke within 6 months.
$250 pair lasted 6 years before I chose to replace them. I still have them, they still work - the lens(es?) are a bit dodge these days, but they still do their job.

Even though I'm sure you'd consider mine to be expensive sunglasses, I think that it's worth the cost. They're durable, high quality and they just keep going and going.
If they were a shitty lens encrusted with jewels for extra bling, then you'd have a good and valid point. I don't undestand paying squillions of dollars for a plastic frame with thin glass just becuase it says D&G on the side. That's a load.
But buying a high quality product.. /shrug.

I bought a $25 pair and they broke within 6 months.
$250 pair lasted 6 years before I chose to replace them. I still have them, they still work - the lens(es?) are a bit dodge these days, but they still do their job.

Even though I'm sure you'd consider mine to be expensive sunglasses, I think that it's worth the cost. They're durable, high quality and they just keep going and going.
If they were a shitty lens encrusted with jewels for extra bling, then you'd have a good and valid point. I don't undestand paying squillions of dollars for a plastic frame with thin glass just becuase it says D&G on the side. That's a load.
But buying a high quality product.. /shrug.

Amazing. My 10 buck pilots have lasted for 4 years now. :psyduck:

Polarized? Persol, Ray Ban, or Maui Jim, but this is all depending on your style.

My Gucci glasses have been wonderful and are a year old, but they do not have any polarized glasses. My Bulgari glasses are like 3 years old, but they're so dark you don't need them polarized :)

3e1db755d529579af5155b21ee4b160a.png

Back