Well still dont see....

T-VET

Veteran X
well its been a week since I shut dowm my server and I still dont see any servers hosting new maps only! or see any servers that run the new maps. Is there anyone that runs a server that runs new maps only? If not ..... WHY NOT?

There is one, I was playing it and only got booted 3 times in an hour!

Edit: and whatever points I scored at the end of a map would float in the middle of my screen throughout the next map...fun stuff!

The problem is the community is not preloading these maps and they will not wait for the redirect to work. We have custom maps loaded but not in our rotation. Talk about a good way to empty a server.

Don't sweat bud. Alot of us are aware and as word spreads and the community realizes that custom maps exist and are worth playing, they shall spread.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
The problem is the community is not preloading these maps and they will not wait for the redirect to work. We have custom maps loaded but not in our rotation. Talk about a good way to empty a server.

Don't sweat bud. Alot of us are aware and as word spreads and the community realizes that custom maps exist and are worth playing, they shall spread.

God I hope your right bud! :bye:

A good map pack release is really the only way to get a large group of people to download maps and for popular servers to start running them.

If retail maps were the only problem, I could see new maps making a big difference in this game, but they're not the only problem.

The horrible gameplay doesn't change with new maps unfortunately.

alot of maps do not work well for T:V comp. I wont be downloading any maps until the map council is considering adding it or a stand alone mappack is released. Id rather play on maps that comp is using or might use soon. and so far none are very close to being aded. some are looked at but not close to a vote yet

I wish the in-game auto-download dash-friendly system was faster, that would help.

T-VET said:
what kind of lame ass answer is that? are you saying people dont like the new maps?

Actually, he just said "because!" which is a conjunction that means nothing out of context.

Also, one server runs a lotta new maps...called [someclanacronym] Camelot

gito said:
If retail maps were the only problem, I could see new maps making a big difference in this game, but they're not the only problem.

The horrible gameplay doesn't change with new maps unfortunately.

Could you just stfu

Back