Weirdest fucking spyware ever

Spacebump

Veteran X
Someone please tell me what spyware I have. Like once a week a random movie preview will play the audio on my computer. I've heard timeline and paycheck so far.

odd, if thats what it is because I don't think I had logged on to aim when it happened but i might not have realized it. thanks

aim is fucking gay. i use it all the time, but i hate it when it does that. i was watching LOTR and i had the volume on my headphones all the way up so that i could hear (my copy has low audio for some reason). and AIM started in with one of those fuckers and i thought my ears were bleeding :(

I think if you go into Add/Remove Programs and remove the viewpoint media player you won't get those ads anymore. I did it a few weeks ago and I haven't had one since then. I also got rid of one or two more folders that were associated with it, but I can't remember those off the top of my head. Hopefully removing the player will do the trick.

iNVAR posted a nice walkthrough for disabling the audio ads in AIM. I have no link, so good luck searching for it.

You could always :google: ...

ph³³r said:
just get dead AIM :shrug:

Doesn't work, it just "hides" the ad, but it is still technically there I think, because I've had it load until I ditched Viewpoint (I hope, either that or they haven't bothered me lately).

Back