Web Hosting: Back and an Even Better Deal

At0mic

Veteran X
NEW CODE:

Valid through November 31

$10, with a free domain name.

www.hostican.com enter the code: FREEME-12

Will get you a years worth of hosting for $10 + a free domain name. Quality company

Last edited:
I will say this: It's cheap.

My big complaint is that even simple pages take extremely long to load. Tech support simply acted annoyed when i contacted them about it.

At $11.88 it's a deal in any case, just thought I'd point out my issues with the server

(If this is considered "Thread-shitting," my apologies. Feel free to edit it out if so.)

Mangan,

I have a personal contact with the owner of dot5. If you want to PM me your website addy, I'll send in a complaint to him and let him know... he'll get you taken care of and any issues resolved, right away.

Succi, not at the moment. I'll keep it updated with any timeframes I get though

At0mic said:
Awesome :) Thanks Messiah, let me know how it works out.

This is my first time transfering a domain. Will all my files be moved over? Or should I DL all my shit so i can put it back on?

Messiah said:
This is my first time transfering a domain. Will all my files be moved over? Or should I DL all my shit so i can put it back on?

When just transferring the domain, your files wont transfer automatically.

What control panel do you currently have? What host are you currently with?

If you have a cpanel account now, dot5 also uses cpanel. So you can create a backup and then restore that backup onto your new account, essentially making the move really simple.

If you're coming from a different control panel, you'll need to make sure you backup your current account and transfer the files on over. I'll talk with Dot5 about ability to handle the transfers tomorrow morning first thing. Get in touch with their support team and see what they say about transferring things over for you as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Im dling everything right now.

I already changed the nameservers.

Since im coming from serverseed do i tell them i want to cancel? after the transfer or wha?

Messiah said:
Im dling everything right now.

I already changed the nameservers.

Since im coming from serverseed do i tell them i want to cancel? after the transfer or wha?

Definitely wait until after the transfer and after you've checked everything so they don't cut you off before you have everything working right.

Glad to hear we found you a new solution ;) Too bad SS has been such a down topic here lately.

Looks like the transfer went great. I can already login. Nice interface.

Uploading my items now. I guess its time to contact serverseed to cancel.

For those of you who have signed up, please keep us updated on how you like it. How are the transfer speeds, customer service, etc.

And atomic, can you post some more specific details on what you get in this deal. Bandwidth, disk space, features like ftp access, mysql, etc? I'm sure you're getting a decent referral bonus eventually from the D5YEARLY code, so I doubt you'll mind the extra effort :)

Pengo said:
For those of you who have signed up, please keep us updated on how you like it. How are the transfer speeds, customer service, etc.

And atomic, can you post some more specific details on what you get in this deal. Bandwidth, disk space, features like ftp access, mysql, etc? I'm sure you're getting a decent referral bonus eventually from the D5YEARLY code, so I doubt you'll mind the extra effort :)

There certainly isn't much room on a $19 account + free domain over 2 years for my referral (hell, they've got to be taking a loss on just the account in itself). I make next to nothing on it, but figured it's an awesome deal so might as well pass it along. The owner is a good guy, so I don't mind helping him out as well.

It comes with 10GB space, 500GB Bandwidth and can host 6 websites in 1. Also comes with a free domain name.

Data, didn't think you'd want me bumping the old thread, as this is a different offer. Last time was only a 1 year for $12, this one beats it! ;)

Order Confirmed.

Thanks a lot.

*Edit

Having some problems with the host/control panel/site. Please check your PM's atomic.

Last edited:
I would be careful with tech support.

Also check your accounts, if you don't get what you ordered, complain and they will change it.

It took a week for them to figure out they fucked up on the domain register, and had to get a new domain.

Haven't really touched it yet.. Atomic, I bought the year for 11.88 does that mean every year it is 11.88?

Back