We were ahead of our time when it came to out of the box thinking

ST saying planes can launch standing still.
GroundGrabba-Aviation-Ground-Anchor_600x.jpg

Cess172B&W4_color.jpg

That things damn near a helicopter
I know they do competitions
shortest take off
shortest landing...

but you ain't going to find a passenger jet doing that

You are adding particulars that cloud up the question.

They anchor planes because wind can lift the plane.. add thrust and you are flying

Wait when did winds come into the equation. I've tied down every small aircraft I've ever flown in, that was my duty.
Lift.. and if you put that goddamn plane on a motherfucking treadmill and floor it, assuming your weight to thrust is right.. you fly the fuck away.

The only requirement for generating lift is to move through the air sufficiently fast. The speed is created by thrust.

Last edited:
Alright, I wasn’t going to demean anyone here, and I was going to avoid the general douchebaggery; however, the autism from a couple of you in this thread on a whole new level.

I mean the group of educators, by TW standards, has been extremely patient thus far, and has gone out of their way to explain this multiple times, in multiple different correct formats. YouTube videos have been posted. Diagrams. Different scenarios. But if you still don’t understand it at this point, you shouldn’t meet the intellect standards for voting in a general election ->you are far too stupid. I’m surprised you muppet monkey fucks walk upright, and don’t drag your fucking knuckles on the ground. Theres no point in putting you out of your misery, because you’re already brain dead.

The plane is not acted upon by the treadmill, because the wheels free spin. The human is acted upon by the treadmill because our feet are flat, and not wheels. Therefore, the plane does not move backwards when the treadmill is activated, it stays stationary on the level surface. If the airplane had feet, or blocks instead of wheels, it too would move backwards.
The propellor or jet engine moves air, and is therefore not acted upon by the treadmill either.

In the case of landing, the aircraft maintains forward momentum and because the wheels spin freely, it is not acted upon by the treadmill; therefore it should have the same landing distance as it would on regular pavement.

So the airplane takes off and lands upon the treadmill as normal. The only difference being the wheels speed is twice as high in both cases.

Jesus fucking Christ kill yourselves, you’re not even funny, just fucking cringe.

And it will. Because its forward motion has absolutely nothing to do with the free spinning wheels it sits on.
Jesus fucking Christ if they don’t get it now, they’ll never fucking get it. Just tell them the earth is flat and move on.

Ladies and gentlemen, the tolerant left.

and test for voting? we can't even require fucking Id because it is too difficult for them to obtain it.

Lift.. and if you put that goddamn plane on a motherfucking treadmill and floor it, assuming your weight to thrust is right.. you fly the fuck away.

I never said winds weren't a consideration in taking off and in flying but what you need to get off the ground in a safe manner is a plane going in forward motion. I do not consider hurricane gusts of wind lifting planes off the ground as flying or taking off. If there is no wind consideration, then the plane being propelled on the runway will create air going over the wings and create the lift at the right airspeed....
I don't really call that wind.

I never said winds weren't a consideration in taking off and in flying but what you need to get off the ground in a safe manner is a plane going in forward motion. I do not consider hurricane gusts of wind lifting planes off the ground as flying or taking off. If there is no wind consideration, then the plane being propelled on the runway will create air going over the wings and create the lift at the right airspeed....
I don't really call that wind.
It’s called “relative wind.”
If you have a 10kts wind on the nose during take off, you’ll reach take off speed 10kts faster in terms of ground speed.

Airspeed as measured in the cockpit, is measured from the ram air effect acting on the nose of the airplane. So if take off speed is 60kts indicated airspeed or IAS, the airplane will always take off at 60kts IAS regardless of the wind; however, 10kts on the nose, would decrease the speed the aircraft has to reach as compared to its speed on the ground, or in this case 50kts ground speed. A car for example uses ground speed (speedometer). Therefore taking off into wind will dramatically reduce ground roll proportional to the head wind speed.

stfu
I explained first thing this morning how i wrapped my head around the wheel/tread mill thing

I don't need you now to go around explaining wind and airplanes.... have you read the conversations... or just being pretentious

His issue seems to do with forward thrust generating lift.. not sure how the harrier fits into that

Back