We were ahead of our time when it came to out of the box thinking

When a plane touches down, the relative speed of runway to the wheels is 150mph. Planes land on backward spinning conveyors all the time. What really blows my socks away is that they can abort the landings :sunny:

When a plane touches down, the relative speed of runway to the wheels is 150mph. Planes land on backward spinning conveyors all the time. What really blows my socks away is that they can abort the landings :sunny:
2 soon

Perhaps think of it as a hovercraft sev.. and then consider airspeed. The wheels are screwing you up

No
The touch down on non moving pavement
the wheels are free spinning
and they use brakes to stop it

or if you're a super pilot like my dad
you bring it in with barely any power
cut power glide in
and do the smoothest landing you've ever experienced

but he could have landed on a treadmill that counter matched the tire rotation exactly as he touched down
and the plane wouldn't move

but you all are bad pilots and will come in hot and bounce land on the treadmill and say see,
I'm flying again
I swear
you all been psyoped with a meme

i hadn't thought about it before but i think ur right

if a plane landed on a treadmill spinning as fast as the wheels are going it would just stop moving as the treadmill gets going

probably terrifying for the passengers who would see the wheels spinning but nothing moving in the background

Hell
I've done stalls myself
and I can tell you what happens
when wind isn't flowing over the wings in a sufficient amount
hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.gif

it would be really interesting to see if they could implement this as some kind of emergency landing system for places that can't build runways

There was forward momentum during the landing

unless it was my dad who could dead stick it

I'll say it again
take off
plane with wheels on conveyor belt
as soon as plane starts to move conveyor belt is magically synchronicitly moving
unless it starts hopping from the the rotation of the prop and you don't have your foot on the rudder
you ain't moving

:lol: Yeah.. this has become a bannable topic on forums and people completely melted down over it. Sev isn't the only one.

Back