we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Iason said:
[00:10:27] <Bounty> And dude, it's so funny because after Colosus GOT that laptop and everything, I told him to send me some of hte TW money ... he only sent me half, but I was able to get that new PDA for myself ... fucking community is clueless ... hahaha suckers
[00:10:34] <Bounty> oh shit ... this isn't the staff channel

:lol:

Excal said:
The one thing I think all of you fail to realize is that you have not lost anything here, The laptop was not bought instead of the server it was bought with funds that were left over. You got what you donated for. Should Colosus have announced a laptop would be purchased? maybe so but it wasn't a planned purchase. But it is being used for Tribalwar/WOFN uses and both were created for your benefit if you don't give a fuck about WOFN well that's ok we expected some to not care and some to not like us. But like it or not we are still going to do our best to contribute to this community.

I have no idea how I am going to do this but if it would make the community feel better and forgive Colosus for something he admitted to making a poor judgement on I will try to come up with the funds used to buy the laptop and return the money to the funds jar so it can sit there. That way you can consider the money used a loan.

Colosus never said he felt like he deserved the laptop for his hard work and again he bought it to benefit the site, He believes in WOFN and has worked very hard to help us get it set up. We are a part of the Tribalwar network and if we are successful Tribalwar benefits from it.

When the laptop was purchased Bodyshot and I both contributed $90 each towards its purchase, As I am able I will continue to contribute money directly towards that fund until the $500+ is paid back in full. Hopefully this wont take too long but I am not a very rich man and I can only do what I can.

I'll contribute to help pay back for the laptop with you Excal.

But the plane ticket, I apparently have to payback with other measures. :browsmile

I call for a Tribalwar Admin Oversight and Reform Committee hearing investigating the alleged acts of embezzlement by Colosus.

I think it would be amuzing to have 15 patronizing old men questioning colosus over his laptop

Bounty: But the plane ticket, I apparently have to payback with other measures. <---
Bounty: Pixie
Bounty: I don't know how to tell you this
Bounty: But
Bounty: um
Bounty: *I* am the one who really paid for your plane ticket ...
Bounty: so.............................
PixieDee: rofl
* Bounty lays down a cushion

Excal said:
The one thing I think all of you fail to realize is that you have not lost anything here, The laptop was not bought instead of the server it was bought with funds that were left over.
no offense, but that's easily the most idiotic rationale i've ever read.

first, a goal of $4000 was set when the drive started. in the thread, i remember distinctly asking colosus about the equipment to be purchased. suggestions were made, etc. etc. then someone pointed out that money was left over. a vague statement about the leftover money being used to purchase other upgrade equipment for the pre-existing servers was made by someone that could represent TW (not sure if it was Colosus, or Yogi, or someone else)

second, a BETTER server could have been purchased with the so-called leftover money INSTEAD of a laptop, so in that sense, YES, we have lost out on something.

third, if i am wrong about this, then i apologize for adding fuel to the fire, but i basically share the same opinions as logroller.

and finally, i donated specifically to have TW servers upgrade, maintained, etc. i don't give a rat's ass about WOFN. the reason i am here is for the forums, and the forums alone. it didn't used to be that way, but it is now.

Thanks invar. I was going to respond the same way to that message but since I've been completely ignored during this whole drama, I decided not to waste my time. AS A CONTRIBUTOR I DEMAND MORE FUCKING RESPECT!!! Or does that only come as an admin? :p

iNVAR said:
no offense, but that's easily the most idiotic rationale i've ever read.

first, a goal of $4000 was set when the drive started. in the thread, i remember distinctly asking colosus about the equipment to be purchased. suggestions were made, etc. etc. then someone pointed out that money was left over. a vague statement about the leftover money being used to purchase other upgrade equipment for the pre-existing servers was made by someone that could represent TW (not sure if it was Colosus, or Yogi, or someone else)

second, a BETTER server could have been purchased with the so-called leftover money INSTEAD of a laptop, so in that sense, YES, we have lost out on something.

third, if i am wrong about this, then i apologize for adding fuel to the fire, but i basically share the same opinions as logroller.

and finally, i donated specifically to have TW servers upgrade, maintained, etc. i don't give a rat's ass about WOFN. the reason i am here is for the forums, and the forums alone. it didn't used to be that way, but it is now.

Logroller also said he forgave Colosus for making the mistake in not announcing a laptop would be purchased do you agree with that as well?

Now, to put this in context. I don't mind what Colosus does with the money. I really don't. So please be mindful of that fact as you read this. I think what he did was wrong, but he said that he was sorry, and I have forgiven him. I like Colosus and consider him a treasured online pal.

BTW no offense taken but I also contributed and I just can't see why its such a big deal. This could be because I am part of WOFN and it was done to help us out. I am just speaking to what I feel is right. I have never said he shouldn't have posted about the laptop it just didn't occur to him it would be such a big problem. No attempt to hide the fact was made if he wanted to just buy a laptop for himself I would think he wouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Last edited:
Logroller brings back memories from back in the DTM day when I had unrealistic ideals about the tribes 'community' and human nature when put to the test of anonymity. Helping new players, helping support a team or 2 and maybe a server here and there. I never objected much about the laptop and I know my opinion of WOFN is just that (if people like it, why not). It was more the feeling they were entitled because they decided to run this site, hold a LAN, host servers or for putting up with us (which I know is hard but a job taken on by them all the same) that I objected to and that is not something col said. I still play Tribes2 for a team that runs a server (mostly playing LAKrabbit :lol:) and have never not been on a team playing one form of tribes or another if you can call that caring about tribes and I never said I thought this was such a big deal.

Excal said:
Logroller also said he forgave Colosus for making the mistake in not announcing a laptop would be purchased do you agree with that as well?
i don't think colosus set out to deliberately deceive people, but i do think it was a bit misleading. sure, i forgive him for that, but who really cares if i forgive him. he certainly wouldn't have lost sleep over it, and i'm not going to lose any sleep over it now.

BTW no offense taken but I also contributed and I just can't see why its such a big deal.
it's a matter of putting money in for what we thought was the purpose, and later finding out it really wasn't, at least not the entirety of it. let's say TW continues growing, and WOFN kind of fades out. in 2-3 years, we're going to be having another drive for a needed upgraded because the current servers can't handle it. the leftover money that was used COULD have been used to buy a better, faster, more powerful server, and that could have held off another needed upgrade for a year or two, but instead, the money was spent on a laptop.

you can't deny that the impression given off was that all the money would be spent on a TW equipment/hardware upgrade to operate the servers, NOT a laptop.

that's why people are annoyed, frustrated, and maybe angry.

Why not put the laptop up on eBay and then put the money towards any hardware that will improve TW ? Or in a TW fund for when we exceed the limitations once T:V comes out ?

Bounty: el mar
Bounty: :cry:
Bounty: come move in with me
Bounty: i will pay you
ElMariachi: i would like to sir
ElMariachi: but the moneys moneys moneys
Bounty: I WILL PAY YOU TO RENT A ROOM HERE
Bounty: lol
ElMariachi: i can't afford the moving XXXpsnses ser
ElMariachi: sir
ElMariachi: shit
Bounty: f u
ElMariachi: no fu
Bounty: there's all kinds of fucking money leftover from the TW fund drive
ElMariachi: lol

MolimOrion said:
Why not put the laptop up on eBay and then put the money towards any hardware that will improve TW ? Or in a TW fund for when we exceed the limitations once T:V comes out ?

OR! Why not let people in WOFN who want to put the money that was used back into the TW account so that we can continue to use it when we need it at other events? :shrug:

Back