we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Colosus said:
I agree that this was a travesty. Unfortunately one that won't get rectified anytime soon.

Vlasic: I don't ask for compensation, nor do I think I deserve it. I think Yogi, Xionic, BigPappa, Stinkfist, Beren all deserve it. They put up with my bullshit and have for a long time. They do quality work on short notice and with no bitching. All I do is give them orders. They deserve everything they can get. If I could buy them all laptops, I would.
Oh I know you feel that way, as do most of the people that have donated their time to the community.

yeah if anyone deserves compensation, it sure as hell isnt colosus.

its the people taht actually make the site run.

but I still love colosus, even though he is a fuck.

I'm not whining, just think its moronic to say he or any of these admns deserves anything more than a hardy thanks for volunteering. If he doent want to admin TW he can certainly pass on it...its cool he does it but he doesnt deserve any compensation...and WOFN is stupid and I wouldn't want my donations to go for such a waste. I donated to help keep the forums going and that happened so thats good...I think he didn't need a laptop and he didn't need to fly himself and others to a press event...but that just my opinion...as long as the forums stay up then I am fine, certainly wouldn't give more unless I knew thats all it was going to...

i do agree that col seems to be a pretty trustworthy guy

and imp was right in saying he could close down tw tomorrow and own a few pricey and very sellable servers.

I guess I just wish he had done this differently.

DruMAX said:
I'm not whining, just think its moronic to say he or any of these admns deserves anything more than a hardy thanks for volunteering. If he doent want to admin TW he can certainly pass on it...its cool he does it but he doesnt deserve any compensation...and WOFN is stupid and I wouldn't want my donations to go for such a waste. I donated to help keep the forums going and that happened so thats good...I think he didn't need a laptop and he didn't need to fly himself and others to a press event...but that just my opinion...as long as the forums stay up then I am fine, certainly wouldn't give more unless I knew thats all it was going to...
We needed the laptop to do WOFN properly. You disagree that we should even do WOFN. You're entitled to your opinion. As for plane tickets...

I bought Pixie's plane ticket 1 month before donations even started and mine was purchased as a christmas present by my family. So TW didn't pay for that all.

T w i z t i D said:
i do agree that col seems to be a pretty trustworthy guy

and imp was right in saying he could close down tw tomorrow and own a few pricey and very sellable servers.

I guess I just wish he had done this differently.
I wish this had been done differently as well. Instead of fraggle getting played like a 2 dollar hooker by half the sky, he could have just asked me.

Colosus said:
I wish this had been done differently as well. Instead of fraggle getting played like a 2 dollar hooker by half the sky, he could have just asked me.

Ahhh...now THAT statement fills in some blanks for me. All makes sense now.

Back