Vote to help my buds win $50,000

sarro

Veteran XV
WILL WORK FOR FOOD (an innovative nonprofit promoting global citizenship) was chosen as a semifinalist in the Dell Social Innovation Competition with a grand prize of $50,000!

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO WIN...

Please take literally 1 minute to VOTE..It is an EASY, FAST and FREE way to help us save malnourished children.

1)Go to Dell Social Innovation Competition (all you need to register is an email and they DON'T spam you)

2) Scroll down (we should be a top entry) until you find "Volunteering locally to save children globally".

3) PROMOTE by clicking on the arrow icon.

Of the 75 semifinalists (narrowed down from 530), we have been floating around the top 3 in votes. We are competing with other nonprofits based at schools in India and Brazil with 50,000 students so we really need your help!

---

Will you work for food? That is the question we are posing to students across the country. Will you “work” (volunteer) in your own community in order to send “food” (nutritional supplements) to malnourished children in Darfur?

WILL WORK FOR FOOD gives students a unique opportunity to help solve a global problem by taking action locally.

Participants fulfill a “work effort” by bettering their own community. Past work has ranged from serving a meal at a community kitchen, tutoring younger students or volunteering at a hospital. Participants also ask family or friends to “sponsor” their service by making a contribution through their profile page on our website.

Our affiliate organization, Doctors Without Borders, will use these donations to purchase and distribute Plumpy’nut®, a revolutionary malnutrition treatment with up to a 95% success rate, to malnourished kids in Darfur.

Students anywhere in the world can use Home | Will Work For Food to track community service work, raise money for hunger relief, and challenge classmates, clubs and teams to get involved.

While the political problems of Darfur are complex and can skew right from wrong, child malnutrition is a tangible problem with a concrete solution. WILL WORK FOR FOOD believes students can help solve this crisis while also working to better our own communities. WILL WORK FOR FOOD aims to raise $1,000,000 and stimulate 40,000 commitments to community service by the end of the 2010-2011 school year by creating a social network of volunteers and donors committed to being global citizens.

4th place:

My idea deals with two things :

1) Increase the frequency of people all over the world who donate money.

2) Provide immediate help to the people at the time of terrorist activities or during any other mishappenings.

what the fuck isnt dell screening these?

all of these look like pathetic 5th grade science projects or worse. im not voting

I just realized asking for anything on TribalWar for the next decade will get replies of telos + wedding in some sort of combination with other words.

This one is pure genius:

2qla4bo.jpg

Good thing they put in a rectifier and filter. Otherwise there's no way it would work.

4th place:
all of these look like pathetic 5th grade science projects or worse. im not voting

True, except for my friend's Work For Food organization.

Take 2 minutes and vote for it.

these don't work obv

Pretty sure someone's wifey got a new pair of titties not too long ago based on tw voting.

Anyway, I don't need to make a case for it. If you wanna help the best idea win, vote.

some of you are meanie heads.

Just got done with my third hour long interview with local papers. 2 hours with one 1 hour with the other and another hour this afternoon after he looks over all of the documentation I gave him and he gets some questions together. The real world doesn't operate as quickly as the intertubes.

Just because I didn't immediately do the american thing and get an ambulance chaser doesn't mean I'm lying down. In short fuck off.

Voted by the way...

Back