[vote thread]friends daughter has rare disorder, vote will secure research $$$

i dunno mike.

i did my research. first of all according to Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation less than 100 people in the US have this, and less than 250 worldwide.

also, voting for this means i am voting against the top 2 choices. i can understand screwing the current #1 -- rescue animals from cruelty in underserved communities. who gives a fuck.

but do you really want me to vote against #2 helping babies with cystic fibrosis breathe easier? it apparently affects 1 out of every 3500 (white) babies. thats a lot of (white) babies. thats more than my conscience can handle

Well hello there old friend. I'll base my argument on this: There is a lot of research in major research institutions on cystic fibrosis due to its prevalence. Rare disorders, such as AHC, only receive funding through grass roots efforts such as these. Also, I've known the family since I was 4 years old and anything I can do to help them out means a lot to me.

Besides, I'm not asking you to vote because you care. I'm asking you to vote because you love me. We'll always have UVA1. :)

Voted. I'll try to remember to stop by each day. GL.

Edit: If the animal thing wins, I will lose faith in humanity :(

Last edited:
^ This

I was just going to post about how you haven't made an argument (good or at all) about the benefits of finding a cure for Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood. If you can convince me you're awesome I might consider voting, anyway.

Research on AHC will provide insight into not only AHC, but all forms of hemiplagia. This includes hemiplagia as a result of infection, spinal cord/brain trauma, diabetes, or stroke, which effects millions of people each year and is VERY common. Therefore, supporting this cause will help not only kids with AHC, but anyone effected by hemiplagia of all ages, races and sizes.

:) Please vote!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I voted second so first won't stay first, once it does I'll vote your vote up.

common disorders already have a vociferous competition for research funding. people near-literally survive by advocating themselves for that funding

Last night to vote...they were #2 the last two days, dropped to number 3 today. Any votes would be appreciated! :)

Back