Vista 64bit Ram Problem

FiRE

Veteran X
Well i just built my new PC,

Vista Business 64 Bit
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe
6GB Tri-Channel ram

I installed the OS, ALL the drivers from windows update first, to avoid any disk incompatibilities, then filled in the left over un-identified devices from the disk. That is what most forums said to do when dealing with drivers for vista on a new system. ANYWAYS...

I can't get the system to detect more than 3GB ram. I have checked the entire BIOS for ANY option that lets me switch to a 64bit memory controller, but there is none. All ram sticks are installed in the motherboard-recommended DIM slot for 3 sticks. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you.

Please please check with your Ram manufacturer that 3 x 2GBs[is this what you have??] will work in this configuration; thanks... I assume all 3 sticks of Ram are from same pack/brand/speed/type and are placed in A1, B1 C1 dimms!!??(give us that info please) You may want to try reseating them couple of times and see if that works if not then run memtest86 to make sure all sticks are good...

We really need full specs of your rig please.... Download and run free www.belarc.com (print out) so you know all your specs and gives you your versions/drivers of all your hardware so when you goto respective sites you can compare to know you have latest...

If the above gives you no joy, goto to Asus and get latest BIOS update for you mobo and install... Then I would redownload DirectX10 and re-install it over the existing one you have... Put DirectX into C:\Windows or Programs Files, doesn't matter...

What do you mean "then filled in the left over un-identified devices from the disk"
===> BTW, the drivers on the disk can be old, so goto sites and get the latest...

GL, let us know how it goes, thanks..

Last edited:
Back