[Video] New Hi Def "Toy"!

yea, 720p in multiple framerates, up to 60! does 1080p at 24, 30 and 60i... 20+ recording choices. (and it's not that HDV crap).

shoots on solid state also, no more tape. w00t.

doh!

it's not a company yet, maybe someday. it's more a collective, the downeffect part is for production. dementropy is more about writing and other media. myself john and jim are mostly on the production side for the projects the other 3 guys concieve. it's become more collaborative as of late, but that's really the dividing line. the 3 of us and the 3 of them.

works out nicely. only issue is; we are always saddled with the bills! last movie cost upwards of 20,000 when it was all said and done, this one will cost a lot less, but still.

i would suggest shooting onto solid state, seing as MiniDV doesnt have the data throughput to record true HD, as far as im told.

Dude! Is the same one you've been showing me all this time haha? If so, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

bonz said:
i would suggest shooting onto solid state, seing as MiniDV doesnt have the data throughput to record true HD, as far as im told.

yea miniDV is 25 mbps, DVCPRO HD is 44-100...

HDV can be shot on miniDV tapes since the throughput is 19-25mbps... but with that HD image you are sacrificing a lot... such as color reproduction, and format problems like intraframing (it keyframes, such is mpeg-2).

that's sorta the war right now HDV (Sony, Canon, JVC) vs. Panasonic

nurp said:
Dude! Is the same one you've been showing me all this time haha? If so, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

YES! hahahha. i know i've been talking about it FOREVER. You basically have to wait months and months go get your hands on one. finally the wait is now over.

Magus said:
YES! hahahha. i know i've been talking about it FOREVER. You basically have to wait months and months go get your hands on one. finally the wait is now over.

shoot some sample HD footage and share with us....what good is bragging about the thing if you don't have any content?

Magus said:
Dude, you first showed me that camera when umm 5150 was still in t:v, even a bit before that I think haha! Dude, I can't wait to see your first vid off that thing!

JackBlack said:
I have the Sony HDR-HC1... records HD, probably has about the same features, and costs $4K less

the HC1 is a rockin' camera :) i was considering picking one up in the winter as a b-roll/personal use... the two cameras have very different uses though. the HC1 is an HDV rig with a 4:3 aspect ratio CMOS chip. very different market with an extremely different feature-set.

HC1 for the money is one amazing camera, and it's so freakin' small. it's the mother of all consumer cams.

gibsonic i agree. i've done some pretty extensive work with the DVX100, so hopefully i can get some killer footage up soon, still some learning curve though to fully get the focus assist down and stuff. hopefully soon! :D

Last edited:
Back