[Video] Inside the world of Australian Special Forces (2nd Commando Regiment)

AUS-05-11-02775.jpg

i heard that aussie special forces were just the aussie sas and bush tucker man

bush tucker man hard as ~fuk~

There's a few others about, though SASR certainly gets most of the attention, no doubt largely by proxy from their original namesakes in the UK, though they're certainly a very unique force. But yeah, we have Commandos, too.

srsly just insert bush tucker man behind enemy lines w/ a dunny roll and a panga and wait

surrender will be imminent

Bush Tucker Man (AKA "Major Les"), Malcolm Douglas, with the Leyland Brothers in their double-decker bus as support and Alby Mangles with his "travelling companions" as local liasons..

...and you should get familiar with the names of all those guys if you're at all interested in seeing the tradition that Steve Irwin picked up and ran with..

(that's a generic "you" in there, not pointing at specific people)

Irwin dumbed it all down and made kinda bubblegum MTV shows. I don't doubt he knew his shit, but I found his presentation just annoying. It got people in that otherwise probably wouldn't have cared though, so I'll certainly give him credit for that. Malcolm Douglas and Les Hiddins ('The Bush Tucker Man') in particular were just no-nonsense guys that made really interesting shit. Douglas was originally a crocodile hunter, Major Les served two tours in Vietnam (as a forward scout) before developing survival techniques for the Australian Army, which forms a lot of what the SASR uses these days, which ties us back in to the start :)

i didnt know steve even did survival shit

i do know that ray mears never shuts up about how much of an inspiration BTman was to him, even did a series w/ him a couple of years back

bear is just bear and makes tv (real name edward)

but i think most survival bros will point to BTman (calling him les takes away his power) as the original and best

Didn't mean to infer that Irwin did survival stuff.. more the "wilderness/wildlife documentary" kinda thing.

Possibly also "constantly wearing khakis"

Back