Video Editing Help

SpidershocK

Veteran X
I have adobe premier 1.5 and am importing video that I captured off my camera.

I captured the video at the highest quality DVI-AVI format.

It was a total of 6 tapes - 1 hour each. 13GB files in the end.

When I play them all in windows media player everything plays back great!

When I import the files to Adobe Premier 1.5 only some of the videos are so great. Out of the 6 tapes 2 of them are importing with audio that goes into "Helium Voice Mode" aka Chipmunk voices.

When I import the "chipmunk" video files into Windows Movie Maker it is imported correctly and the audio is fine.

Question Why? It plays fine in Windows Media player but in Adobe Premier the sound gets distorted. I went ahead and exported the Video to DVD to maybe just see if it would be okay once it was rendered, that didn't work. Google doesn't help so hopefully TW has an answer.

Thanks for Reading!

check the playback framerate setting for the files

if it is whipping through at a crazy rate, the framerate is wrong

oh crap I just found that the sampling rate is at 48000hz for the bad files. I remember checking for that... Dont know how i missed. GG.

SpidershocK said:
Yeah I dont know why its uping the sampling rate. Time to find out how to drop it. :[
time to use after effects ;) Are you simply cutting the movies or you want to actually edit them? Because beyond cutting, I don't see a purpose for premiere.

SpidershocK said:
No Im just cutting the movies. What would you recommend for editing?
after effects/final cut pro/avid

AE personally for me just because that's what I was taught (it's pretty much a mix of ps/flash/java and editing. You can enter your own code for a scene or do the effect manually by clicking around, real solid program)

editing in AE is tedious, since it is not really meant to do that.

if you are on pc, use avid express

Crom said:
editing in AE is tedious, since it is not really meant to do that.

if you are on pc, use avid express
Editing on AE is tedious? Meh, I don't think so. Umm, AE is made for editing, and adding "AFTER EFFECTS" to the original movie. I don't know where you're going with this. Have you used AE? It's really a user friendly program, especially for editing.

Ok, what type of camera did you use? if you used a 24p camera and captured it at 29.97 it would cause problems.. otherwise just make sure everything is set to normal when you are capturing into premiere... (do not capture with moviemaker and then import into premiere, it will not work.)

nurp said:
Editing on AE is tedious? Meh, I don't think so. Umm, AE is made for editing, and adding "AFTER EFFECTS" to the original movie. I don't know where you're going with this. Have you used AE? It's really a user friendly program, especially for editing.

Its not made for editing at all.. its made for touching up small sections of film/video... or adding an effect to an entire video file, editing small clips of video would be rediculous because you would end up with 900+ layers which it doesnt even support.
(you have to start a new layer for each clip of video).

I would be suspect of your compression ratio as well. DV Footage is rated at 13 GB per hour of footage, to have 6 hours and only 13gb total would seem something else is amiss.

Editing in AE seems like a horrible horrible experience. RC is right. (Except 24p, because it still reads as 29.97, there is just a weird drop frame that only becomes an issue with compositing.)

Premiere is great to begin on, FinalCut and Avid have a bit of a steeper learning curve, though they're more poewrful in the end.

Back