System:
MSI K8n Neo 4 939
Athlon 64 3000+
1 gig ram
Sapphire Radeon X800XL pci-e

Okay.

Thought this would be the easiest step.

Get graphics card in the mail today. What I did:
1) Remove old card (ge force mx64meg pci) and put in x800xl.
- Monitor doesnt come on, doesn't seem to recognize the card.
2) Take out radeon, put in geforce..try to install drivers
- Driver install wizard says no ati card found
3) Put in radeon and leave in geforce
- Driver install wizard says no ati card found.

I cannot figure out what the problem is. The device manager is not showing any error or the radeon in the video card area. Any tips? Ideas on what else to try?

Last edited:
Put the old card back in. Then use drivercleaner to get rid of the old drivers. Then put the new card in and install its drivers.

if his monitor doesn't come on during the boot when the computer is turned on, he's got some sort of other problems.

Amadeus said:
Put the old card back in. Then use drivercleaner to get rid of the old drivers. Then put the new card in and install its drivers.

just tried this, same problem.

Starting to annoy me here. This was the most expensive purchase and I thought would be a snap to get going.

It's really like the motherboard just doesnt know the pci-e slot exists , but I've searched and cant seem to find this problem happening to anyone else

anyway, ill keep trying to figure this out thanks for the suggestion and any others anyone can think of

Bloodwrath 2 said:
drivecleaner?

removed all video card drivers..I know for sure because right now I have the old card in and im in 16 color mode.

something is f'd up and I have no idea what. You'd think with the video card in the right slot that it would be recognized somewhere in the device manager? Or I'd at least be able to use the card's monitor input? Nothing.

Amadeus said:
Do you have another sytem you could put the card into and see if it works there?

Nothing with a pci-e slot.

i have an older gateway with PCI/agp slots but that's it

bleh

RMA the card then?

If the new one won't work then it has something to do with your comp. The chances of you reveiving two faulty cards in a row are rather slim.

drivercleaner is a software app that worked well, just backup your registry before you delete anything..just in case.

Amadeus, I'm going to hold out hope that I can figure something out ..I actually found a post where someone had a similar problem with a different video card and rma'd it only tostill have the problem...I have an email out to him to see how he resolved the issue.

PSU issue? What is the wattage of your PSU? Does the X800 require a dedicated molex from the PSU? If so, do you have one connected?

350W psu and the X800 does not require the dedicated molex.

Edit: My case info -
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811182050

Documentation for that here:

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h767.htm
"As with the X800XL, Sapphire's Ultimate doesn't need a power connector, partly due to the use of GDDR3 memory which uses less power than its DDR2 predecessor, so the overall power consumption of the card is less than the 75W the PCI-E slot provides."

I'll wait until monday to RMA the card, hopefully I'll at least identify the problem by then..

anyone by chance within 30minutes of springfield, MA want to test out a video card for me? ;)

Last edited:
I sent the card back. I'll just have to be patient a bit longer.

Anyway, I'll post back after I receive the new card.

Back