[vid][discuss] Police Culture

I don't know if they are good or bad but that guy is an idiot for making those comments in front of a camera....

I laughed at the link title :(

Yes, me too. I was hoping for something that would look hilarious in slow-mo.

But instead, I got enraged at the arrogance of the police. Holy crap. It's not that something like that happened; abuses like that are pretty simple and will happen whenever there are riot police marching towards protesters. But it's their reaction, in their own video that pisses me off.

TW guy who's a cop: One bad apple? One bad department of apples?

police officers of course are always acting in the best interest of the people they serve (and get their pay from, you know state taxes and everything)

am i rite?

I got more mad at the comments and laughing that the police department did after the fact.

Yeah, absolutely.

I mean, so the lady protester got hit by a rubber bullet. If she wasn't a lawyer, if she was a regular hippy, it wouldn't even be news; if she really believes in her 'cause', she should be prepared for something like that to happen.

But that this is where we are at as a society right now, that this is the real attitude behind all of the bullshit about service and duty?

Tell me it's just a department full of bad apples. Don't tell me it's not a symptom of one hell of a problem. If it's pervasive, this balls-out, and this is where our culture is at, then authoritarianism is a lot closer than I like to think.

what is noteworthy about this? nearly all cops are powerhungry shitheads who have no capacity to reach that without a badge and a gun, including our very own invar

Sometimes i'm so thankful there are cops out there

And sometimes I want to pull a fucking gun and shoot a pig in the face

Why can't all cops just be good cops

not all cops are bad, the problem is the job attracts some people who already have power trips in progress then they are handed a firearm

whats the big deal? they told her to back the fuck up and she didn't. they shot her and laughed about it. I'm not following.

There was a video I saw somewhere where some cops were choking out a dude for not opening his mouth to let them search it. motherfuckers get away with everything.

Back