[Vid card] Is garbage, or a deal?

[xKx]AppleCider said:
aside from the fact that it's agp and agp is a dying breed?

Yeah, I know that ideally I should go for a PCI-e solution. However, I'd like a quick and relatively cheap solution to increase my battlefield2 performance. I don't want to have to go out and spend 300+ on a new chip and mobo, and then still have to buy a decent card for another $350

millertime said:
there was a thread yesterday about x800's for $199. you should check that out.

The cards refurbed from ATI thread? I saw that. It looks like the x800XT's are sold out for the moment, so I'd have to get an x800Pro. Looking at the benchmarks it appears that the x800 non XT's trail a bit behind the x850's and the x800XL.

But then again, the x800XT performs almost as well as the x850XT. Maybe I should just pre-order the refurbed one and wait...

Well, I hope it's not garbage, because I just bought it. should work out alright though, because I can probably get like $80 or so for my current 9800Pro

turnschuh said:
yes ati is garbage

Bullshit. Nvidia does have a good offering now . I guess it was nowhere but up after the FX series. ATI will have their r500 series out in a month or so. We will see how it turns out. I did order a refurbished x800 xt PE and sold my 9800 Pro for 100 dollers. My total cost for the X800 XT PE will be 144. Not bad for a fast card. :)

i have a saphire 9700pro like two years ago and it was terrible and i reported this and got a new one, same make and everything and it was still terribly glitchy .. that could just be bad luck with saphire, but just fyi

everyone's always like "yeah it's a nice card" shut the fuck up if you had a different brand card or model card or an nvidia card at the same or almost similar specs, you wouldn't know a difference

ribbet said:
i have a saphire 9700pro like two years ago and it was terrible and i reported this and got a new one, same make and everything and it was still terribly glitchy .. that could just be bad luck with saphire, but just fyi
Well I have owned 8500, 9700 Pro, 9800 PRo All ATI Built cards. All worked perfecly. No issues. I heard Saphire is hit and miss. I guess you missed a few times. ;)

Razer said:
Well, I hope it's not garbage, because I just bought it. should work out alright though, because I can probably get like $80 or so for my current 9800Pro

Did you order the X800 XT PE or the X800 Pro?? Regardless they both kick ass. You will enjoy the performance gain. :)

Lucien1964 said:
Did you order the X800 XT PE or the X800 Pro?? Regardless they both kick ass. You will enjoy the performance gain. :)

I actually decided to go for the x850XT that I linked at the beginning of the thread. I just got my first paycheck from a new job, so I decided to splurge a bit and give myself some extra motivation.

Lucien1964 said:
Well I have owned 8500, 9700 Pro, 9800 PRo All ATI Built cards. All worked perfecly. No issues. I heard Saphire is hit and miss. I guess you missed a few times. ;)

hahah .. yeah i guess so ... i do have pretty bad luck. :shrug:

Voodoo 2 -> Geforce 2 MX -> Radeon 7500 -> Radeon 9600xt -> Radeon x800xl

The only card that was a disappointment that I have had was the 7500. The drivers just weren't there when I got it. It also was a toss-up if it actually performed better than the Geforce 2 MX. In Tribes 2 (gasp) it got more average fps, but dipped to a lower minimum fps in the wrong situations.

Back