Very odd problems while watching videos

altaer

Veteran XV
So about a month ago I started having this problem. When I watch videos online (such as windows media player and quicktime), the video screen will go black (I can see everything around it, such as the media player or webpage interface) and I cannot see the video, but I can still listen to the audio part of the clip. I can watch divx no problem, and youtube videos are fine as well. After I see this problem, I restart my computer and watch the video and it is ok, but a few hours later I have the same problem again. Frankly, I am tired of restarting my computer every couple of hours.

Also, when I watch a video on break.com, my computer will go into a full lockup and make this really high pitched noise that's very loud, as well as a sound that sounds like the speakers and turning on and off every second.

I've looked everywhere for solutions on this problem but I cannot find anything. I am totally clueless and in need of your help. Any help is much appreciated, I hope I can get this fixed :)

Uninstall all codec packs, media players, and video card drivers.
Reinstall video card drivers, media player classic or VLC for your media player, and a good codec pack if you choose to go with media player classic.

Back