[Vehicular Accident] What the hell!

media_junkie

Veteran XV
Ok so yesterday my wife was in a car accident. She was stopped waiting for the vehicle in front of her to make a left hand turn. The car behind her stopped (barely) and then the third car didn't stop in time so he slammed into the back of the second car causing it to slam into the back of my wife's van.

Everyone is ok (good).

Well they all pull off the road so that they are not blocking traffic and exchange information. I went into the kitchen this morning and asked to see the "police report"

"Oh well we didn't call the cops. It was easily apparent who was at fault and we all exchanged the proper information and called it a day."

What the hell, this isn't 1950 where you can shake on something and know it will get done. The police should have been called and a police report should have been filed. Without a police report what is to keep the person that caused the accident from saying "Nope wasn't me, produce a report proving I was there."

Espically since the guy that ultimately caused the accident was a freaking foreign exchange student.

Last edited:
Word of advice for everyone here

1. Keep a note pad and sharpy marker in your car
2.Cell phone is good, always call 911 for a unit (not doing this can sometimes work in your favor, trust me i know)
3. Keep a DISPOSABLE CAMERA non digital AND digital if you can.
4.Mag lite
5. a Zip gun or a 22 cal incase you have to dispose of the target, simply reach up press the 22 to the forehead of the target and double tap in rapid succession.
6.Keep an icepick (you can plant this in the brainstem of the target for an instant take down of target.)

Many areas have a collision reporting centre anyways because it is too expensive/time consuming for cops to come to every accident.

Just go down to the police station and file. It's not like the other dude can get away, you have his license, insurance, plate number etc (and clear paint trades etc of the accident between vehicles).

I've been in this type of accident before, and you absolutely want to have the police on hand if you're not at fault.

It was a sudden stop in traffic where we all barely stopped in time, and then a pick up plowed into me. It ended up involving 4 cars with the force of the hit. When the police finally got there they tried to claim that I hit the car in front of me first and then got hit again by the pickup.

I've been in this type of accident before, and you absolutely want to have the police on hand if you're not at fault.

It was a sudden stop in traffic where we all barely stopped in time, and then a pick up plowed into me. It ended up involving 4 cars with the force of the hit. When the police finally got there they tried to claim that I hit the car in front of me first and then got hit again by the pickup.

It doesnt matter, you were idling too close to the car infront of you anyways. Your insurance will still go up for 6 years.

Sounds like following too close along with the truck in the back failing to control speed to avoid collision. If I have to take an accident report everyone gets every ticket I can find.

It doesnt matter, you were idling too close to the car infront of you anyways. Your insurance will still go up for 6 years.
Doesn't seem to have effected me that much. Total Vehicle Premium: $326.30 per 6 months.

Bodily Injury Liability $25,000/$50,000
Property Damage Liability $50,000
Personal Injury Protection-Insured & Relative Basic $1,000 ded.
Uninsured Motorist - Nonstacked $10,000/$20,000
Comprehensive $500 Ded.
Collision $1,000 Ded.
Emergency Road Service Full Coverage Vehicle
Rental Reimbursement $20/Day, $600Max

Sounds like following too close along with the truck in the back failing to control speed to avoid collision. If I have to take an accident report everyone gets every ticket I can find.
Turn lane was backed up into a regular lane. Asshole in large vehicle quickly lane changes. No warning from break lights, just quick stop from 45 mph.

Back