Vanster vs TW

I was the worst, bottom of the barrel domestique that team Batavis ever paid money to. I was maybe second worst domestique for Derby Mercury. I can tell children I carried water for Joey McLocLougn and Jean Franscois Bernard. But yes, I was paid to pedal.

I was on the X-country skiing world cup team for USA for 2 years, and competed for the US team that got to go to Lillehammer. I was never more than an ass-muffin against the Europeans, but I won the Frisco Gold cup 2 years, and won the Crested Butte Alley Loop 2 years.

My old-age results are on ultrasignup, for ultrarunning. I've done three times 100 mies and I guess the best I did was 20 hours and third place at C&O 100.

As things are, I'm considering giving Scrappy to a neighbour before eating a bullet, or just walking him every day until he lets go, and then doing it.

Oh yeah, I'm still the high school record holder for the 3200 meter run, heh.

Crested Butte is under some form of transformation. Pretty sure it's not a good thing.
Billionaire Is Buying Up Small Colorado Town—and Locals Are Freaked

Sad. That was such an awesome, simple place to hang out.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/billionaire-mark-walter-is-buying-up-crested-butte-colorado-and-locals-are-freaked

Some dude named Mark Walter.

vanster, why do you want to eat a bullet?

is it because biden is such a shit fucking president and you are wrong about most things politically, or because of some cheating whore?

Vanster opinions weigh a lot heavier to me since he was born in UAE he is automatically more cultured than someone from Florida like juggs hence he is more qualified to talk politics and put up shop on international geopolitical issues

Vanster plz don't leave us your probably the only one here that has some culture to counteract the trump rednecks

You don't often find a man of culture around these parts

aint nobody want any that.

think about it what if in 25,000 years in a post scarcity white supremacist economy some mountain climber discovers a vial marked "fuck kevin costner" and they're like oh my god it's the dna of the mythic star of the pre apocalyptic age and so they put the tube in their cloning device which is a standard household appliance at this point and you pop out at like age 65 or w/e you are now and just completely ruin everyone's day

think about it what if in 25,000 years in a post scarcity white supremacist economy some mountain climber discovers a vial marked "fuck kevin costner" and they're like oh my god it's the dna of the mythic star of the pre apocalyptic age and so they put the tube in their cloning device which is a standard household appliance at this point and you pop out at like age 65 or w/e you are now and just completely ruin everyone's day

hahaha alright +rep for that one

Let go of anger and forgive. Or at least box it off. Ultimately, any endeavor should be with the goal of generating peace, happiness and tranquility moving forward. Otherwise, you might as well jack it in San Francisco.

It's true, Vanster is a sad, old piece of shit who semi-competed in sports once 40 years ago.

Let's make a bunch of threads about him. :rolleyes:

If anybody does want a kind of fun story before it's over, I'll put it here:

At a x-c World Cup race in Calgary, my Dad came to watch: It wasn't monumental, but good teams were there-- we skied maybe .5 in the stadium before heading off in the woods to do 4km, and then back in to the stadium before finishing 15km, and whatever.

Fastforward to the the first bring in to the stadium and I'm feeling really really good. Leading the field. Dad is standing up and ringing a cowbell as I come in to the stadium, leading the field

Behind me I hear lots of talking and back and forth and in my head it's like "they're worried about what to do about me, I'm feeling so good." and we exit the stadium and I hear "hup!!" which is Norwegian for "move over." and there goes Vladimir Smirnov, Hari Kirvesnimii, and 20 other men that just went into the wood, skating in a gear that will never have. That was the day I knew I wasn't any good at all.

Forward to the finish: I actually got to meet Vladimir Smirnov (wasn't sure to shake his hand or give him a curtsy), and he's telling me about the first circuit into the stadium, and he says, "yes there was about talk about overtaking you, but others said your father was watching, and you seemed very excited, so we let you lead us in."

Me: "oh."

tl;dr Dad has an autographed number from Vladimir Smirnov.

If anybody does want a kind of fun story before it's over, I'll put it here:

At a x-c World Cup race in Calgary, my Dad came to watch: It wasn't monumental, but good teams were there-- we skied maybe .5 in the stadium before heading off in the woods to do 4km, and then back in to the stadium before finishing 15km, and whatever.

Fastforward to the the first bring in to the stadium and I'm feeling really really good. Leading the field. Dad is standing up and ringing a cowbell as I come in to the stadium, leading the field

Behind me I hear lots of talking and back and forth and in my head it's like "they're worried about what to do about me, I'm feeling so good." and we exit the stadium and I hear "hup!!" which is Norwegian for "move over." and there goes Vladimir Smirnov, Hari Kirvesnimii, and 20 other men that just went into the wood, skating in a gear that will never have. That was the day I knew I wasn't any good at all.

Forward to the finish: I actually got to meet Vladimir Smirnov (wasn't sure to shake his hand or give him a curtsy), and he's telling me about the first circuit into the stadium, and he says, "yes there was about talk about overtaking you, but others said your father was watching, and you seemed very excited, so we let you lead us in."

Me: "oh."

tl;dr Dad has an autographed number from Vladimir Smirnov.

hey bro, you want to hear something crazy? in track in high school, i was 3rd leg in both the 400 and the 1600 meter relay because i was a fast motherfucker, and i won 1st in regionals two years in a row in pole vaulting.

crazy, right?

I think you have mentioned a brother on TW before, Vanster. When is the last time you talked to him? You need to get your sad ass off TW and go do some cool shit.

Get a fucking puppy and swear off TW. Move somewhere new. Do that for a year and see what happens. Start with cutting off that hair and leaving the past behind.

That was the day I knew I wasn't any good at all.

Negativity breeds dissatisfaction. If you were able to become more of an optimist you would be happier in life IMO. I realize it's not as simple as flipping a switch though (and may require some therapy or something).

:spock:

hey bro, you want to hear something crazy? in track in high school, i was 3rd leg in both the 400 and the 1600 meter relay because i was a fast motherfucker, and i won 1st in regionals two years in a row in pole vaulting.

crazy, right?

I dated a pole vaulter. As far as running fast, I just could never do it. 4:35 mile I think in college, but xc skiiing was the best I could do, or carrying water for good bikers.

How high did you vault? For that matter, if you were a mile relay guy, how fast was your 400? I never could run faster than 56, and was too much a a pussy to ever attempt a vault.

I dated a pole vaulter. As far as running fast, I just could never do it. 4:35 mile I think in college, but xc skiiing was the best I could do, or carrying water for good bikers.

How high did you vault? For that matter, if you were a mile relay guy, how fast was your 400? I never could run faster than 56, and was too much a a pussy to ever attempt a vault.

16' was my highest during practice, 15'6" highest cleared at track meets.

400 on the relay was around 50-51

Back