Vancouver / Burnaby TWers

I would say that area is fine.

I would personally avoid the area around metrotown, some really bad housing there, and anything near hastings close to Vancouver.

Yeah that area is totally fine, nothing to worry about on Hastings when it's East of Boundary.

I'm also looking for a place to live, I want to get an apartment in Kits but I don't think I can afford it. Might be doing Burnaby as well. Living downtown is just too expensive.

Basement suites in Kits are affordable and pretty nice, but if you're looking for an apartment or condo Burnaby or maybe even Coquitlam is a better deal.

I can see my place from there...

North Burnaby is a fine place to live, I just moved to that location a month ago.

The price drops quite a bit in the Coquitlam area. A lot in the Maple Ridge area. The Golden Ears has helped make things closer, and the new Pitt Meadows bridge will help even more. Just an option.

Stay far away from Metrotown, untill you like crime and violence. There are good/bad parts spread out all over Vancouver...you'd have to check the place out to know for sure.

Basement suites in Kits are affordable and pretty nice, but if you're looking for an apartment or condo Burnaby or maybe even Coquitlam is a better deal.

If you're extremely lucky. I happen to be and have had my rent go up a total of $90 over the last 9 years ($1040 for a two bedroom). If I were to look at pretty much anywhere else in Kits my rent would come pretty close to doubling.

Back