uTorrent settings off? Download takes hours to start.

slacker

Veteran XX
This all started about 3 weeks ago. Before that, I would start a torrent and it would take off and go.

Lately, I will start a torrent, but it won't start the d/l for between 30 minutes and a few hours. Then, it trickles at 5kb or so per sec. After a few minutes of that, it takes off at full speed again.

Are there any settings I need to check? The slowdown seems to have started with the release of 1.0.

Yeah, try using 1.8.3?

That's the latest version - wtf 1.0

er, I'm at 1.8.3, my bad. Since I updated TO 1.8.3 I've been having this issue. My girlfriend has been, too. She's on a different ISP, so Im thinking it's a setting.

sounds like the port isn't forwarded

How do i fix this? Tonight, i started 3 torrents at the same time. they were all dead until about 5 minutes ago, when one went full-speed and finished. the other two are still dead. all are the same tracker.

Port Forwarding is not always necessary. Did you use the speed guide when you first installed/updated it? (Press Ctrl-G to bring it up). Follow all the steps.

If you already did that, there is a button at the bottom of the speed guide dialog that says "test if port is forwarded properly". That will at least let you know if that's your problem.

Back