[UPS] What does this mean?

JohnnyX

Veteran XV
I don't order a lot of shit online typically, and I know some of you probably deal more with UPS, so maybe you might know what this means. This is on the UPS tracking site:

Code:
07/07/2008  	 4:10 A.M.  FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
07/07/2008 	 4:07 A.M.  OUT FOR DELIVERY

This is 1 of 2 packages coming from Newegg, ordered last Tuesday. Both are coming to TX, one shipped from CA and one from NJ. The one from CA of course is a day ahead. That top UPS message confuses me though, I would assume that means they stopped by and I wasn't around, but the timestamp confuses me.

Why would it be "out for delivery" then 3 minutes later be forwarded to the facility? I was out of the house earlier, but there was no note left at my place or anything. If it was held up, it would be great if they somehow realized I was getting a package tomorrow and brought both at the same time, but I doubt their system is that coordinated.

I half expect the UPS guy to be at my door and the scan to be wrong, but I don't think I'm that lucky. It's gonna be stupid if they deliver one package and make me go pick up the other at their office.

I think the "Out for Delivery" is a mistake. They usually have that dialogue when they leave the local facility to be delivered (And I am fairly sure your local facility wouldn't start delivering packages at 4:07am)

Of course...it could be they loaded up the trucks for the drivers at that time...but I honestly don't remember seeing a case like that where they mark it like that until the last hour or so before the trucks head out.

What is the timestamp before the 4:07 out for delivery say?...is it actually at your local facility? (post all the info here)

I think the "Out for Delivery" is a mistake. They usually have that dialogue when they leave the local facility to be delivered (And I am fairly sure your local facility wouldn't start delivering packages at 4:07am)

Of course...it could be they loaded up the trucks for the drivers at that time...but I honestly don't remember seeing a case like that where they mark it like that until the last hour or so before the trucks head out.

What is the timestamp before the 4:07 out for delivery say...is it actually at your local facility?

I believe it's for when they put it on the truck for delivery. My packages always say out for delivery anywhere between 4 and 6am, with 4 being the norm.

As for the original post, it all depends on what the previous message before the "out for delivery" says. Like someone said, is it in your local facility? Maybe they made a mistake?

Better that message than

Code:
UNABLE TO BE DELIVERED DUE TO STRIKE - CONTACT UPS TO ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY

Saw that one at work today. Contact UPS, yeah right. "Arrangements have already been made sir, your package will be delivered after the strike." :lol:

LD: The entry before that was an arrival scan in my city (San Antonio) at 3:30 am.

I was just wondering, I'm not concerned, just confused. If I was concerned I would call in, instead I spent a minute and a half asking Tribalwar. And now two minutes writing this.

Don't act like you fags have something better to do, or you wouldn't click on a thread with [UPS] in the title. :lol:

... and "fuck" at that strike message, that would suck.

Better that message than

Code:
UNABLE TO BE DELIVERED DUE TO STRIKE - CONTACT UPS TO ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY

Saw that one at work today. Contact UPS, yeah right. "Arrangements have already been made sir, your package will be delivered after the strike." :lol:

dude, wut.

is that national or just local to you?

"Out for Delivery" means it's on the truck to be delivered.

"In transit" means it's on a truck/plane etc.. going from one place to the next.

screw geocities :( had a good image

Last edited:
Back