[UPS] Can anyone recommend one?

Bluntzman

Veteran XV
Backup Power Supply, duh.

I'm looking at different brands to put my 360/HDTV on, wondering if any TDub peeps had any they'd recommend.

Currently looking at this one on Newegg.

Note: I'm not looking for anything to run the 360 for like 30 minutes in the event of a power outage, just looking for a UPS that'll prevent any spikes/brownouts from hurting the components.

Just get a surge protector for the Xbox. You'll have to spend A LOT to get a good UPS that will run a TV for even 10 seconds.

My choice for a UPS would have to be APC though...

I recommend APC and Tripplite. And make sure the unit you buy performs actual line conditioning as some don't. Some will only detect a large outage and will kick in by shutting down the house circuit and dumping in the battery circuit. This can cause spikes of their own making.

A good UPS will lop the top off spikes during a surge and pump in a little juice when brownouts occur. It'll only go to full battery when the brownout drops below a certain point. So all your equipment ever sees is a nice constant 60hz o' 115v.

I have UPSes in my apartment because 1) I'm a geek and 2) I live in a 1925 high-rise with highly variable power fluctuations.

I wish I could UPS the mains. Would save me a fortune in lightbulbs. :/

Just get a surge protector for the Xbox. You'll have to spend A LOT to get a good UPS that will run a TV for even 10 seconds.

My choice for a UPS would have to be APC though...

truth

also

nSpectre is a nerd

Back