umbrellas are for the classy and proper

Even one from bladerunner?
d163_bladerunner_led_umbrella.jpg

Umbrellas are not a "new popular accessory" just because more image conscious people are using them now. They have a long history of being an accessory men would be willing to spend a lot of money on.

A good umbrella should be heavy and feel very solid. Most umbrellas you see today are cheap because people think of them as throw away items. They think everyone always loses an umbrella, so why spend money on it? That's true for most people, but not if you care about it. Like a good watch, flask, or shoe horn, it's likely an umbrella will be with you your whole life.

All that said, everyone should have 1 cheap umbrella for traveling. There are a few places in the UK that make custom umbrellas, and a few Chinese places that will do the same for a lot less, though I cant find the site.

Eventually, I want one with some type of antler as a handle. Here are a few good sties:

Howard Yount

Brooks Brothers | Men | Accessories | Umbrellas

Pure Luxury at european-umbrellas.com

www.foxumbrellas.com - MAKERS OF THE WORLD'S FINEST UMBRELLAS

British Umbrellas ...Traditional Umbrellas, Classic Umbrellas, Finest Quality Gentleman's Brigg Umbrella by Sterling & Burke Ltd.

I would be leery of umbrella knowledge from somebody living in southern California.

If you live somewhere that gets rain and want a cheap umbrella, go to your local transit system's lost & found and tell them you lost your black umbrella on the bus. They'll be happy to let you take one off their hands.

Back