UM Crocodile Mutilated

x0rcist

Veteran XV
http://www.local10.com/news/17600564/detail.html said:
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- A crocodile that lived in a canal on the University of Miami campus was found killed and mutilated on Wednesday.

A representative of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said someone lured the American crocodile to the shoreline of an on-campus canal late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Someone killed it and then cut off its head and tail.

The body was found, but the head and tail are missing. Authorities are searching for the person who killed the crocodile.

"It's conceivable that they're using the head as a trophy to say, 'Hey, look what I did.' And who knows, with the tail, they might be using it for food," said Jorge Pino of the FWC.

The FWC said the dead crocodile had lived with several others in a canal on campus.

The University of Miami released a statement Wednesday afternoon, saying, "The University of Miami was saddened to hear about the discovery on our property of an endangered American crocodile that was apparently killed. The university is cooperating fully with Florida Wildlife Commission authorities on its investigation."

American crocodiles are listed as an endangered species in Florida and a threatened species under federal laws.

The penalty for killing the crocodile in Florida is up to five years in prison and a fine of $5,000.

"It's a felony, and if and when we find this person, they're going to be facing a serious charge," Pino said.

Officials estimate between 1,400 to 2,000 crocodiles live in southern Florida.

R.I.P. Louis

Replace it with an Aussie crocodile. Ours wouldn't let someone cut off its head and tail.

PS: Steve Irwin will look after the UM Croc. RIP :angel:

Nah it's a crocodile. I lived there for 2 years while my mom went to school. There is an inlet to Biscayne Bay. If Fish and Game calls it a croc I'd have to agree.

Nah it's a crocodile. I lived there for 2 years while my mom went to school. There is an inlet to Biscayne Bay. If Fish and Game calls it a croc I'd have to agree.

fuck Fish and Game. tw clearly knows more than they do.

Back