U.S. Army Rejects the 9mm

so looks like they are going back to the 1911 again?
Who fucking knows what these morons will do. If they go .45 again, the FN FNX 45 would be awesome. 15 + 1 of .45, what more do you need? If I could carry this at work, I would in a heartbeat.

The New FN FNX 45 Review - The Firearm Blog

fn1-660x438.jpg

Last edited:
damn...that is very nice

This might sadly shape up to become another .45 ACP vs. .45 GAP debacle if they get their wish on this.

a new excuse to hoard all new levels of absurdly overpriced ammo.

It makes me wonder what they're going to switch to (I think people are jumping the gun when they assume it'll be .45).

Obviously nothing short of explosive rounds are really going to drop people. It doesn't matter if it's 9mm, .45, 10mm, etc. A FMJ from a short barrel (handgun) just isn't going to cut it.

Watch them run an expensive, months-long trial only to conclude that the M9A1 is too reliable and too established to replace for the minor performance gains attainable through another platform.

The problem isn't the caliber, it is the Hague Convention of 1899.

Plus, in typical military fashion, that can't ever admit it made a mistake, they can't go back to the 45. They will probably adopt the 40.

Part of the excuse is a 'worn out' arsenal so they'd have to spend a lot more money servicing and replacing those shitty Berettas anyway. Might as well switch to a more effective round at the same time.

I hope they find something to dump millions of dollars into quickly so we can justify their budget again.

The waste of the military is mindboggling.

I'm all for funding it to keep the United States on top and be able to deploy in other countries, etc. But it seems like there's zero effort to avoid situations where they're burning money for no reason.

the m9 isn't great, but it can stand up to a soldiers abuse for years, they could do much better

9mm is great with HP, but military is limited to FMJ so .45 would be better

you also have to remember our force is full of women too

Part of the excuse is a 'worn out' arsenal so they'd have to spend a lot more money servicing and replacing those shitty Berettas anyway. Might as well switch to a more effective round at the same time.

"those shitty Berettas"

q2qAxjv.gif

"those shitty Berettas"

q2qAxjv.gif

Meh, whatever.. I think there are better guns for less money. Its a 15rnd 9mm handgun with an external hammer and it weighs over 2lbs.

I don't know when it was selected or under what circumstances, but IMO it wouldn't win a selection process held today.

Sorry, I know you like yours.

Back