Twitch or No

Swordfish

Veteran X
You can't compare twitch games to tribes; the fact that the cg even remotely approaches twitch kills is the whole issue.

I'd argue that T1 could be considered a twitch game. Sure you may not have to shoot and aim as FAST as in Q3, but your reaction time has to be at similar levels.

So, my argument is that even though, overall, the action is slower in T1, it requires twitch level thinking, whereas quake involves much more of a literal and physical twitch skill.

Contentions, addendums, theories?

w9d8k3.jpg

I don't think it is a twitch game for the majority of players, but there are a few players that make it obvious how valuable twitch skills can be.

Meet Milk-Man, Feral Fiona, and Babyface in Argh's Duel sometime and you'll understand what I'm talking about. For them, it is a twitch game.

But, this is all beside the point. The issue isn't "that cg approaches twitch", like JM5k says. The issue is that the weapon is too powerful.

I don't think it is a twitch game for the majority of players, but there are a few players that make it obvious how valuable twitch skills can be.

Meet Milk-Man, Feral Fiona, and Babyface in Argh's Duel sometime and you'll understand what I'm talking about. For them, it is a twitch game.

But, this is all beside the point. The issue isn't "that cg approaches twitch", like JM5k says. The issue is that the weapon is too powerful.

twitch kills...not twitch itself.. as in speed to kill people

LEARN TO READ HOLY JESUS OH MY GOODNESS

"You can't compare twitch games to tribes; the fact that the cg even remotely approaches twitch kills is the whole issue."

i dunno wat twitch is

does twitching make something take more skill or some shit

if it is twitch it must be an e-sport or cyber game

when copa mid air u in the face at 50 m away when u behind him off a 180 split second turn and kill is that twitch?

LOL

Last edited:
Google definitions for:

Quake - A trembling or shaking.

Twitch - Make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion.

Tribes - Tribes is a series of science fiction first-person shooter computer games originally developed by Dynamix, a subsidiary of Sierra Entertainment (first definition given)

Pretty conclusive.

twitch kills...not twitch itself.. as in speed to kill people

LEARN TO READ HOLY JESUS OH MY GOODNESS

"You can't compare twitch games to tribes; the fact that the cg even remotely approaches twitch kills is the whole issue."
Twitch is not leading a slow moving player, moving with a predictable trajectory 250m out, with a machine gun. Twitch is also not firing said machine gun at a person who fills your screen because you are keeping a good chase (essentially making relative velocity 0). Twitch is the ability to put your crosshair where it needs to be at almost reflex speed. If this isn't what you're talking about, then I have no idea what you're saying. And neither do you. JUSES OH MY GODNES

tribes is not a twitch game at all

sometimes on standoffs you have to throw a twitchy disc at someone or if youre home D and you're standing on the flag and you have to shoot the ground and hit yourself to stop a capper

but other than that

(warning these could be considered real gay)

the term twitch shooter came from pc magazine writer noobies not knowing how pros really play the game

there is nothing twitch about moving my mouse on ultra low sensitivity

it is just point and click

these guys r the best point and clickers :[

Stupid Diatribe that no one is talking about - JUSES OH MY GODNES

Speed you dumb sex offender, we are talking about speed to kill.

Twitch Games Speed to kill: 0-2 seconds

Tribes Speed to kill (excluding modern 1.4 cg): 10+ seconds

The entire point of my comment was that the cg is now at the point where it can kill someone so fast that it has moved into the twitch game category. Get the right bead and you can drop a guy in a second.

Read this for the third fucking time you silly motherfucker.

""You can't compare twitch games to tribes; the fact that the cg even remotely approaches twitch kills is the whole issue."

a "twitch kill" is usually instant or incredibly close to that (largely being one-hit kills etc). Having the CG's kill speed approach that means it is now sitting outside the scope of tribes. This is the issue.

Do you now understand you rain man toothpick counting shit bag assfuck dick suck motherfucking cock waggling dog raping ass blasting dude licking bitch box someone else's dad hugging motherfucker?

Dare twitch games just means that they invoke your twitch muscle response to play it well. Guns are one-hit or very close, you need to be able to scan 360 degrees constantly, and the only thing that keeps you alive is literally reaction time.

Being able to 180 degree mid flight and MA a chaser is a twitch move, but it is more rare than the norm in tribes. Tribes is just a series of soft curves and arches; your ability to predict those and properly time a shot is what makes tribes A: so hard and B: so enjoyable.

(EDIT: You replied while I wrote this but I'll keep it up)

when u play tribe u tribin

when u play quake u quakin

when u play counter strike u shootin ppl in the face with REAL GUNS U A FUCKIN TRAINED COLUMBINE KILLER WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE AMERICANS?

post by some guy who doesn't understand basic high school physics
Oh, you mean TIME to kill. SPEED is a distance per time. Using 'speed' made no sense, so thanks for making this huge post. Context clues allowed me to decipher your stupidity, and now I can say I agree with you.

Google definitions for:

Quake - A trembling or shaking.

Twitch - Make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion.

Tribes - Tribes is a series of science fiction first-person shooter computer games originally developed by Dynamix, a subsidiary of Sierra Entertainment (first definition given)

Pretty conclusive.

jomo no one i kno at pro level quake plays 360 degree game anymore dood (but they did that is old school logic)

it is just solid 180 game and imagination 4 awareness

i think when u play ma only chase in tribe u r playing as close to a classic "twitch game" as possible

if u dont (not saying u do) think snow copa chump dutch cyanide etc culd easily pick up quake live cuz tribe not a twitch game u r wrong

most pc games come down to config changes and the ppl u play with anyway

anemix pretty much plays t1 like its quake right now

also none of the fun i have in tribe 1 is transferable to tribes 2 and i doubt t:a will be remotely fun for things like arena or ma only chasing which is wat keeps me coming back to t1

How *FAST* can you run the 100m? 10 seconds or 40 km/h?

How *LONG* does it take to get there? 2 hrs or 230 km?

How *QUICK* does a bullet travel? Relative to what?

Just because you didn't understand it doesn't mean it was difficult to understand.

You misread it because you are a dog rapist and that's fine!

Back