TW Electricians:AFCI

At0mic

Veteran X
Hey guys, help me out. I'm selling my house.

They did the inspection. My house is only 2 years old. he said the AFCI test in my bedroom didn't work when he tested it. But they have admitted that it can happen.

I went out and hit the test button at the breaker, and it worked perfectly, taking down all outlets and lights, etc. It has worked every time I tested it. Not like i'm going to hook some beefed up huge fucking fan or something to blow out the circuits testing it... I hit the damn test button and it worked, that means I'm good, right?

Was the inspector a fucking idiot? (he also couldn't get the stove working, works fine... couldn't tell if the fridge had water hooked up... it has water/ice staring at his face on the front of it).

I have no care to have an electrician come out and spend $200 to have him tell me i'm fine.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Hey guys, help me out. I'm selling my house.

They did the inspection. My house is only 2 years old. he said the AFCI test in my bedroom didn't work when he tested it. But they have admitted that it can happen.

I went out and hit the test button at the breaker, and it worked perfectly, taking down all outlets and lights, etc. It has worked every time I tested it. Not like i'm going to hook some beefed up huge fucking fan or something to blow out the circuits testing it... I hit the damn test button and it worked, that means I'm good, right?

Was the inspector a fucking idiot? (he also couldn't get the stove working, works fine... couldn't tell if the fridge had water hooked up... it has water/ice staring at his face on the front of it).

I have no care to have an electrician come out and spend $200 to have him tell me i'm fine.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

I've seen a lot of home inspectors that are fucking morons. I've had them come back and say water and power wasn't on in homes that people were living in.

Is your house listed with an agent? Why do you think you need to repair anything? Tell them that it does work, you're not fixing it because there inspector was a moron, and that they're welcome to come over and test it themselves. If it was a real issue you'd fix it, but it's not broke and you're not spending the money. They won't blow a deal over a $14 GFCI.

I've seen a lot of home inspectors that are fucking morons. I've had them come back and say water and power wasn't on in homes that people were living in.

Is your house listed with an agent? Why do you think you need to repair anything? Tell them that it does work, you're not fixing it because there inspector was a moron, and that they're welcome to come over and test it themselves. If it was a real issue you'd fix it, but it's not broke and you're not spending the money. They won't blow a deal over a $14 GFCI.

Thanks guys... yeah, he seems like a tard.

It's not a GFCI, but AFCI, a bit different and required by code on the house. But the fucking test button works... And I'm of course telling them No, the test button works.

I'm not with an agent. MLS flat fee listing. Had an agent and he was a fucktard as well.

My bad, I misread that. Still, it remains your decision to tell them that in your opinion it works, and they can remedy it if they feel the need to do so, but you won't. I doubt it will be a big deal.

Those MLS flat fee listings are lame and are gonna be big trouble in a few years. There's still an implied agency by putting your house on the MLS (Way off topic)

Thanks for the help guys.

I definitely am going to tell them no that the button makes it work.

There was a reason I went with the flat fee... it made it where I could afford to sell the house at the price it needed to be at to sell. Long story short, yeah diff topic! :)

Stick a paper clip in the socket and test it for real. It's the only way to know.

Sounds like another expensive gizmo to increase the cost of a home. NOW WE NEED TO ARC FAULT TOO! How did we survive the past 100 years?

Back