[TV][FX] American Horror Story

I watched the first episode. It was horrible. I just can't bring myself to try and watch any of the other episodes.

I like it and I like all of the unexplained things going on, I'm worried that a.) the writers don't know where they're going and b.) they'll explain all the things then it'll just be a not scary not really ghost house. also, how do you get a couple to stay in a hounted house past the first season? unless they're the daftest people alive.

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm normally a cynical asshole when it comes to TV, but I find this one pretty watchable. I must be losing my touch.

It does suffer from "unlikable protagonists" syndrome (like the Walking Dead) but I figure they'll eventually die horrible deaths so it keeps me interested.

It seems like the writers are just going to add more characters and twists until the series comes to abrupt end, relieving them of having to explain anything that happened. That said, I watch it in hopes that doesn't happen.

also, how do you get a couple to stay in a hounted house past the first season? unless they're the daftest people alive.

Easy. You kill them at the end of the season.

In Season 2, they get to haunt the new couple that moves in.

Edit: FU Mantua :p:

the first episode was indeed horrible, but it gets better with each episode

I felt the same way. I almost gave up on the series after the first episode. There were a lot of elements that seemed rushed, but now that some of it's getting fleshed out I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I think what I really like about it is how many levels the show is operating on. There's the basic horror story. Then you've got a family drama. There's also the mystery of the ghosts and the house. There's even a streak of black comedy not unlike that of say Twin Peaks. And finally you've got the interplay between the ghosts, people who may or may not be ghosts, and the family in the house. There's definitely a lot going on, but together I think it's a really interesting mix.

Another fucking excellent episode.

I like how it doesn't always end on a cliffhanger, and it's starting to flesh out the story lines a lot more now.

Back