Turning on bluetooth disconnects my wireless router.

JustinCase

Contributor
Veteran XX
Has anyone ever hears of this happening? I bought a Bluetooth speaker for my phone and iPad but whenever I connect to it my router disappears.

It's possible the Bluetooth Transmitter is conflicting with the Router. If they both operate on similar bands and/or are too close to each, they might mask each other.

Try moving the Router farther away from the speakers and adjusting the WiFi antenna's on various devices.

It could also be a device conflict in your computer, which is more software based then Hardware.

Check to make sure your Bluetooth connection is lower in the binding order than your wireless or LAN based connection.

Assuming you are using Windows 7:
Open your control panel > network and sharing center > change adapter settings.. This should bring up a window with your network connections in it. Hit the ALT key to bring up the menu, then Advanced > Advanced Settings. On the adapters and bindings tab make sure your connections are sequenced in the order you would prefer them to be used. This is typically local area connection(s) > wireless connection > remote access connection(s) > Bluetooth.

I'm connecting my phone and iPad so that shouldn't be an issue right? I don't even have a PC hooked up to the router.

Try changing your wifi channel, bluetooth and wifi operate on the same 2.4 ghz band so if they are using the same channel there's definitely going to be some interference issues

u would know this if u weren't appletarded

Try changing your wifi channel, bluetooth and wifi operate on the same 2.4 ghz band so if they are using the same channel there's definitely going to be some interference issues

u would know this if u weren't appletarded

This is what I was thinking. Conflict...they is fighting :p

Change the wireless channel / frequency on the router and then test it. If the problem still exist change it again (usually have 12 different choices). I've never had to change a router freq more than twice to get a working one.

Back