Trip To Prague..

Gojita

Veteran XV
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to see, and where to go? I am going to land there on March 16th, and leave Sunday morning March 21st. Is it possible to go to a neighboring country without making it seem cramp, time-wise? I was thinking maybe Budapest can be fit in, but not too sure. Thank you for any suggestions.

Prague is awesome, of course go see the Charles Bridge, the square, but in general the city is one giant step back in time; go see the castle as well.

I think you can do it all in 2 days, Prague is definately a great place though.

i live 6 hours from prague, been there once. old town is pretty cool although we couldn't find any good bars etc. germany is nice and not too far, but there aren't too many cool spots close to the czech border.

i've never been to hungary so i can't comment on that.

the whole city is beautiful..
great setting for any gothic themed movie.
beer is cheap and so is everything else.

downsides:
watch out for robbers (pickpockets)
and the streets have many people begging for money.

btw, when I went there I also visited Munich, Salzburg, and Vienna...out of those, Munich was hands down my favorite.

btw, when I went there I also visited Munich, Salzburg, and Vienna...out of those, Munich was hands down my favorite.

Eventually I want to do a whole Europe trip, I was just trying not to use any vacation days and go on my off-week. I work 7 on 7 off. Is it possible to fly out to another city like Milan, or Berlin for the day using one of those cheap Euro airlines like Wizzair?

ryanair flies from prague afaik

if you want to hit munich, just drive, i think munich is pretty close to the a6, which i know runs directly out of prague

Just found these flights, 215 after fees, direct, round trip. Too bad I cant go at this time.

64p8jr.jpg

awesome place. all my family's from there, sister lived there for over 3 years, parents grew up there, im first generation american.

food isnt as cheap as you'd think anymore, i dont get why people claim food, etc is like ridiculously cheap. yes, its cheaper than here in the states, but its not like youre gonna walk out of a decent restaurant without paying and having it add up over all the days youre there. then again, i live down in texas, not new york, LA, etc.. but prices there have definitely gone up some compared to ~10 years ago. (yes, beer IS cheaper, i wont dispute that..)

with that said, try to avoid all the touristy food spots, because you definitely wont be paying any less there, and more importantly, get a feel for the real deal cuisine. they will more than likely try ripping you off if they can sniff out youre a foreigner (not too hard, they can sniff me out and all my fuckin familys from there). but then again its a hit and miss with that honestly. theyll try to rip you off at a lot of places, including taxis, etc.

also, just make sure you walk around the city, or take the street rail cars (known as tramvaj [pronounced trahm-v-eye]) for places that are a bit farther. get an unlimited pass for the rail cars there, because getting caught, they'll give you a ticket. i guess they have no way of ensuring you'll pay since youll be leaving the country, but id just want to avoid dealing with them and writing out a ticket. to each his own. just DONT take a cab unless its to the airport and back. the rail system there is so efficient and on time, and for even farther distances across town, they have an underground subway which is phenomenal and brand new.

do make an effort to see the touristy spots, as mentioned here before..charles bridge, old town square, prague castle, st vitus cathedral, new town, mala strana, wenceslas square, etc.

the malls there are also quite a spectacle, i swear theyre nicer than a lot of western malls. in fact, the whole town has really made a push in the last 15 years towards western culture, its a fucking awesome blend of old school rich history and now some western culture. all the shops, etc are just cool, and the old buildings are phenomenal. since communism officially fell in the late 80's, the city has made some impressive strides, and has been a money machine for those who bought real estate in the early 90's and sold it anytime recently in the last few years.

File:pragueCastleNight.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- just plain awesome!

i could go on and on, feel free to ask anything.. also, the nightlife is ridiculous. they have some nice clubs, a ton of local pubs, restaurants, pretty much anything you can ask for.

and the women....the women. A+. HOLLA BACK

Back