Tribes 1 vets playing TV. Jet/jump? Jump/ski??

Gmankuza

Veteran XV
why do they have ski jump jump/ski jump/jet what's the difference?

And how do you get this speed boost people are talking baout with the energy pack.

Layout your key bindings if you want.

Thanks

Speed boosts are by pressing the pack key with the energy pack, much like pressing p repairs with the repair pack and shields with the shield pack.

BTW, wtf is the Speed pack?

Each pack has a primary and secondary function.

You can use the secondary option (speed boost for the energy pack) with the "use pack" button. I'm not sure what the default is.

just activate your energy-pack for the speed-boost (default-key: q)

and jump/jet on rclick works fine for me..

I use my old T1 config that aestis showed me years ago (im left handed, so mouse in left hand, rihgt hand on arrow keys)

Right mouse button -- move forward
Up Arrow -- jump/ski
Numpad 0 (pinky) -- jetpack

If you think about it in T1 jump and ski were the same buttons, why not have them bound teh same in T:V?

does the direction you are holding matter then hitting the jets? or does the jets alway bring you upward? I'm wondering if I have jump/jet held and do the speed burst If I'll go forward or up.

Don't do jump/ski, it blows. Just use ski

In T1 you ski'd by jumping over and over. In T:V it's different. Switch to just ski and it will be noticably smoother

I was just wondering why they even give a separate ski key if they coudl have just made it a jump/ski key. Like if the physis are different now where if you ski wihtout jumping will help you ski better.

It's tough being a noob all over again :/

Aestis said:
Don't do jump/ski, it blows. Just use ski

In T1 you ski'd by jumping over and over. In T:V it's different. Switch to just ski and it will be noticably smoother

so how do you jump? Jump/jet only? Shoudl I even bind jump at all?

with a new Tribes comes a whole new life. Things can only get better from here. This game is rocking so far. I still have trouble knowing who to shoot in the heat of battle but I'm getting more used to it all the time.

GG!

I found I went faster for some reason when I left space as ski only.
And it just takes a bit of getting used to using jets to hop over small cracks instead of jumping like before.

DEX said:
This is the nicest stu has ever been as far as my memory can reach back.
ackbar.jpg

thanks stu, i was the fastest on my server consistently :D

this is pretty fun actually, i don't mind having to relearn how things work. figuring stuff out and how to get better are part of the reason tribes was so fun

Back