Tribes 1 Beta - Does anybody have it??

oOCyraXOo

Veteran X
i just thought it would be great to be able to use some of the models or maps from it. does anybody actually still have their beta cds?

early beta there were

along with a better compass(one that they also were going to have for t2 origionally but then they scrapped it then as well)
no standard green borders to everything
different icons
and yes there were different player models and animations and weapnons and prefabs and a long list of stuff that they decided to leave out

i personally would love to get a copy of the first tribes alpha/beta to tinker with

It was my understanding there was no known open public beta of tribes and I have never seen or heard of any of the beta material being released outside of screen shots way back when from the dev team

yea, and?
The t1 demo being shown at e3, that isn't open beta and that was still being shown by the dev team, not players.

tribes_original.jpg

T1 Beta would be uber.

I know with T2, there are ALOT of things in the vl2's that didn't make final production. IE, they have ammo stations in there...

ZooL said:
shin tribes was different and had different weapons how you gonna sit there and say that they didn't?

I've already explain why. Those skins/models are NOT from the beta. The e3 movie is NOT taken from the beta. It's an alpha at best, and probably earlier.

Shinigami said:
I've already explain why. Those skins/models are NOT from the beta. The e3 movie is NOT taken from the beta. It's an alpha at best, and probably earlier.
Yep I think thats what he wants though. And whose to say it doesnt still exist out there somewhere. :D

Back