Tribalwar.com: If only we had parental controls like AOL 8.0

NoGodForMe said:
True, but here's the problem. Most teenage girls use AOL, because all their friends are on it. They set up buddy lists, and communicate with each other. I have Comcast, and BellSouth connections, but still had to get AOL so my daughter could talk with her friends. AOL advertises itself as this wonderful, safe place to be with parental controls. Yet they don't work. Now what? Shut off AOL and disconnect my daughter from her friends and chat about horses, or let it go? I let it go, we tell her not to click on the crap.
But now the popups actually install "Live Girls" software on the computer. It's getting to be a joke.

Well, it sounds like your daughter's friends are parenting her more than you are, seeing as how they are driving your decisions. No offense.

EDIT: In order to be proactively helpful, have you tried http://www.trillian.cc ?

LogRoller said:
EDIT: In order to be proactively helpful, have you tried http://www.trillian.cc ?
Thanks, but all her friends are on AOL, and that's the problem.
Mommies got AOL because it's cheap and easy, so most 11 year old girls are on it. They don't know how to install different messenger services. What's needed is a new client that connects to AOL with no popups or spam. That isn't going to happen. So it's up to AOL to stop the crap.
Believe me, it's bad, getting to the point where I'm just gonna shut it off.

for any clarification...

lizzardfire is a shitbrick that kept arguin with everyone on how base is the greatest thing ever....and everything else but base sucks ass...and people that dont play base are newbs and scared of base players.

this was Tribes 2 i was talking about

Bodom said:
for any clarification...

lizzardfire is a shitbrick that kept arguin with everyone on how base is the greatest thing ever....and everything else but base sucks ass...and people that dont play base are newbs and scared of base players.

this was Tribes 2 i was talking about

ralf

i was wondering till i read the end :D

Back