Traveling to Nicaragua

Has anyone here had any experience traveling to Nicaragua? I've been reading up on it and i can't get a definitive answer of whether or not it is safe. Most blogs say just use normal safety precautions but others speak of the country being much more dangerous. Anyone know anything"?

Nicaragua - Lonely Planet travel forum

and:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_985.html#safety

I'd take the travel advisories pretty lightly because they are overly cautious.

I've never been to Nicaragua, although I'm sure someone with first hand experience can give you some advice. But, for reference, here is the travel advisory on belize, a country I have been to:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1055.html#safety

this country is completely safe unless you try to walk around outside of the tourist areas in Belize City at night, which would be like walking around harlem at night. Just use good judgement and you will be fine.

Last edited:
I only been to SAN JUAN DEL SUR, small and nice town .. nicaragua is a poor country so you will def find people trying to get money from you .

Other than that, have fun .. or come to Costa Rica which is better but not cheaper

managua is semi-dangerous especially if you don't speak the language. a place like granada isn't dangerous at all though.

I only been to SAN JUAN DEL SUR, small and nice town .. nicaragua is a poor country so you will def find people trying to get money from you .

Other than that, have fun .. or come to Costa Rica which is better but not cheaper

could you walk at night and be pretty safe? From what ive read san juan del sur is one of the most popular tourist spots so id assume so. and from what ive read managua seems to be the only really bad city

Why would you go to this kind of place? You're just putting a target on your back.

Go to Vegas, or a ski trip to Park City while the snow is still on the ground.

The land and forests look really beautiful, 50/50 on you making it back with both kidneys.

Who cares how beautiful it looks if the place is a battle zone.

The Keys looks just as beautiful, yet you're not going to get kidnapped.

Why would you go to this kind of place? You're just putting a target on your back.

Go to Vegas, or a ski trip to Park City while the snow is still on the ground.
i go to places like this all the time, i'm a huge fucking target, and nothing bad ever happens to me. why is that bobby? :lies:

its safe

you people think everything outside of america is dangerous

America has some of the MOST DANGEROUS CITIES ON EARTH

one of my friends just went volcano surfing there, arrived and left alone

only met nice people

newbitmapimagev.jpg

Back