[Tools] Cordless circular saws

I refuse to buy any cordless tools they only let you down. In no time at all they are half the power they used to be and eventually they don't hold charge.

I am all corded now except the random cordless screwdriver here and there.

i hate cordless power tools.

I refuse to buy any cordless tools they only let you down. In no time at all they are half the power they used to be and eventually they don't hold charge.

I am all corded now except the random cordless screwdriver here and there.

Also this.

For a home owner you're better off going corded.
For one the tool will be cheaper and when you go and get your nice shiny yellow drill out of the garage you'll be able to use it right away and not have to wait for it charge.

Battery-powered circular saw seems like a bad investment. That's a tool I don't ever want to be running at less than 100%.

(lol air conditioner)

truly, there has only been a handful of times that a cordless skill saw was a life-saver (when i was in construction)

so unless it's your trade, corded is the better investment

hell, even if it is your trade corded is the way to go unless you have the money to have a cordless lying around

light work cordless is fine

I go with craftsman's cordless 20v li-ion shit, it's cheap and sears replaces the batteries with no headache.

corded I stick with dewalt and makita

I only buy cordless tools when I will be using them in a location where getting power is not possible or extremely annoying.

I use my circular saw in my garage and there is power in there.

light work cordless is fine

I go with craftsman's cordless 20v li-ion shit, it's cheap and sears replaces the batteries with no headache.

corded I stick with dewalt and makita

what do you mean they replace the batteries with no headache? their lifetime warranty is for hand tools only right?

if you are in the trades you generally have (i do) everything corded and cordless... if i had only one choice it would be corded

sears warranty on their own brand is the shit. Every once in a while you might have to argue a bit( i never have, but my father has a story or 2) but generally if you take something of their brand in and claim you have a problem, they just replace it.

there hand tool warranty is amazing.
i was there once buying some work gloves and a mechanic came in with a handfull of tools, didn't say a word and the lady just took them and went and got him new ones.

negative... the warranty is for hand tools only... not powertools... contractors would brake sears otherwise... they don't even like standing behind their tape measures after you bring them back enough times

Back