Tom Petty is the greatest halftime performance ever.

Since the closest to Tom Petty I've ever seen is Dana Carvey doing an imitation of him (with pieces of carpet for his sideburns), my vote is on Prince. Even though he's a loathsome dwarf dipped in pubic hair.

This was easily the least offensive halftime show they have offered up in the last 10 years.

I was getting CRAZY sick of those weird blended acts...

Now welcome.... Aerosmith, Justin timberlake and Puff Daddy!!!!!!

Petty was good, but the 2001/2 performance by U2 was better than anything even imaginable for a Super Bowl show. God, how heart wrenching was it watching those screens fall filled with the names of those citizens who died in the attacks? And the Patriots, as underdogs, beating the "Greatest show on turf?"

That was the best halftime for alltime.

It will be hard to top Prince. His halftime show was incredible. Petty was really good, however I found it funny they were scrolling the words in the background. The graphic of the guitar fretboards and the moving triangles reminded me of guitar hero hehehehe

Prince singing purple rain in the rain last year is hard to beat. Or I beat my purple prince hard in the rain last year.

Whatever you faggots I'm glad they actually had some music up there instead of the usual bullshit of snoop dogg, puff daddy and fifty cent (excluding last year)

no
the best superbowl halftime was U2 or prince, easily.
I'm not a U2 fan, but Prince rocked the house last year. He pulled out all the stops when he played the "prince guitar."

prince_superbowl3.jpg

i had the misfortune of being in a group with somebody close to tom petty's daughter.

she kept going on and on about how he was an awful father, heroin addict etc.

i <3 tom petty but that was a downer.

(esp since we were all dissing tom brady for being a shitty father, so how could we turn around and defend tom petty under those circumstances? it was a sad situation)

Back