[TIME] Person of the Year 2020...

Well and good of you have infinite resources with which to process the ramblings of the bozos.

If you have a bunch of bozos spewing out nonsense the majority of the time, that flood will drown out the one voice of reason pretty easily. (eg: qanon, 'Trumpsters' ) If you spend all your time listening to them, you'll likely miss the sensible bit.

No way am I reading everything from everyone. I have never paid one iota of attention to "Q" whatever that is all about. I do not subscribe to Twatter, FacePlant, etc. I do not go out of my way to allow others into my sphere of influence. I go out of my way to keep people out my sphere. But, once in, I allow for different ideas and perspectives. This is normal. Today, many people just flip the bozo bit and move on.

Take Trump. I had him filtered out just because of the TV/Celebrity/Douchebag filter before his presidency. Never paid attention to him.

I also did not pay attention to his blathering on Twitter. Although, I did think it was amusing that he basically filtered the media out of their game and forced them to read Twitter. No more club. No more stroking. He pointed out how corrupt and one sided the media had become. And he was right. I had mostly filtered them out anyway. But, he helped point out how dangerous they have become.

If someone is already in your sphere of influence, one way to analyze them is to listen to what they are saying and then watch how they behave. The closer the two are - the more genuine the person is.

tl;dr - Even an idiot gets it right on occasion.

Last edited:
Although, I did think it was amusing that he basically filtered the media out of their game and forced them to read Twitter. No more club. No more stroking. He pointed out how corrupt and one sided the media had become. And he was right. I had mostly filtered them out anyway. But, he helped point out how dangerous they have become.

IE: You kept listening to the bozo to the point you started paying credence to the stupid.

Yes, there is bias in the media. There always has been, there always will be, conscious or not. Same with any source of information. It is the duty of the non-bozo to be aware of, identify, and account for that bias, along with our own.

Trump was a petulant child, throwing tantrums because the media weren't being compliant in maintaining the carefully manicured facade he'd spent spent his life developing as his only real asset.

The only thing his tweets exposed was his own abject insecurity.

My vote goes to the patient zero of Wuhan sars-cov lab...
rest in peace, you brought so much to the world
(yea i know it was 2019, but no mentions of her in 2019).

IE: You kept listening to the bozo to the point you started paying credence to the stupid.

Yes, there is bias in the media. There always has been, there always will be, conscious or not. Same with any source of information. It is the duty of the non-bozo to be aware of, identify, and account for that bias, along with our own.

Trump was a petulant child, throwing tantrums because the media weren't being compliant in maintaining the carefully manicured facade he'd spent spent his life developing as his only real asset.

The only thing his tweets exposed was his own abject insecurity.

so now outright lying is 'bias'?

lol ok

Everyone has that moment when you are listening to someone and you say to yourself, "Wow. This person is a bozo". The lazy thing to do is flip the bozo bit. Then, you never have to listen to or pay attention to what that person is doing ever again.

Here is the problem. Sometimes, a person you have deemed a bozo makes perfect sense. They may have the solution to a tough problem. You will just miss it because you have flipped the bozo bit.

Bozo bit - Wikipedia
Fron bad copy protection to ignoring people.
Dismissing a person as not worth listening to
In his 1995 book Dynamics of Software Development,[5] which presented a series of rules about the political and interpersonal forces that drive software development, Jim McCarthy applied the bozo bit notion to the realm of human interaction.[6][7] The technical issues facing programmers were sufficiently daunting that just getting code written was commonly considered good enough; McCarthy and other authors (Lister & DeMarco, Constantine, McConnell) were just breaking the news that social issues trump technical ones on almost every project.

McCarthy's Rule #4 is "Don't Flip The Bozo Bit". McCarthy's advice was that everyone has something to contribute – it's easy and tempting, when someone ticks a person off or is mistaken (or both), to simply disregard all their input in the future by setting the "bozo flag" to TRUE for that person. But by taking that lazy way out, the person poisons team interactions and cannot avail themselves of help from the "bozo" ever again.[6]

the left are insane. wipe off their drool, and pat them on the head.

You seriously don’t find people clinging to the left or right insane? Do you think either party gives a shit about the working class? From where I sit, both abuse us. My taxes never change much regardless who’s in control. It’s an illusion that anyone in congress is working for us. All smoke and mirrors and pick pockets

You seriously don’t find people clinging to the left or right insane? Do you think either party gives a shit about the working class? From where I sit, both abuse us. My taxes never change much regardless who’s in control. It’s an illusion that anyone in congress is working for us. All smoke and mirrors and pick pockets

Then you're not looking at the big picture

185lb at 5' 6". Now off you waddle to look up a BMI chart. I have a lot of muscle. I could post a pic but that would be stupid. So that's 2 down. The rest is just LOL how the fuck do I prove that?

So you got me at unemployed. One month in and haven't even thought about looking for a job. Just sold an apartment for a $480k profit so don't really need to.

Your turn.

Mitch is short, fat, and probably dead.

Also, poor.

Let's pour one out for the ginger minge

iu

Back