Thursday @ 5:30 PM PST - AMA with original Tribes developers Mark Frohnmayer and more

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
This Thursday at 5:30pm PST (8:30pm EST), we will be hosting an AMA with several original Tribes and Legions developers to discuss the origin story of Tribes, and the lineage through Legions, Midair, etc. And maybe something new.

Who will be active in the AMA and a quick refresher of who they are:

Mark "Got Milk?" Frohnmayer, Lead Software Engineer for Tribes 1 and Tribes 2

Scott "CornBoy!" Youngblood, Lead Designer for Tribes 1, also involved with Tribes 2

Shawn "Cuchulain" Sharp, Conceptual Art Design for Tribes 1, also involved with Tribes 2

Thomas "MungeParty" Buscaglia - Lead Designer and Creative Director for Fallen Empire: Legions

Possibly more

Feel free to ask questions about Tribes, their thoughts on the sequels and similar games, and more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/1b79vez/thursday_530_pm_pst_ama_with_original_tribes/

Spotted Vir.

vir.png

Will someone please ask them why BMF and Sofa Kings left competition so quickly.

Thanks!

Ask them why all the sequels suck and no one has been able to recapture the lightning in a bottle known as Starsiege: Tribes.

Can anyone dig up or remake the holy grail of T1 that seems to be lost forever?
what was it called?
and then work from that?

Please some1 ask Scott about the following quote:

"I would never inflict that pain on any other developer. I remember meeting Scott Youngblood when we first showed tribes (the original designer) and he laughed at me for buying the IP and said it's the worst community he has ever seen (I showed him alright)"

-Erez

TY and Namaste

so who is erez? Like does he have any historical connection to tribes besides asscends?

do the OG t1 devs hate tw?

Back