This really pisses me off: 2.3million award to drunk who fell in front of atrain

He didn't exactly "fall in front of the train." According to the article he had been lying there and the train operator just ran him over thinking he was an "inert object." If he fell in front of the train, I doubt the train operator would call him an inert object.

He didn't exactly "fall in front of the train." According to the article he had been lying there and the train operator just ran him over thinking he was an "inert object." If he fell in front of the train, I doubt the train operator would call him an inert object.

No he he did just fall in front of the train. Retards should not be granted free money.

No he he did just fall in front of the train. Retards should not be granted free money.

Re-read the article.

Also, to play devil's advocate, what if a disabled person or a child fell onto the track and then couldn't move or was knocked out during the fall? Do we not expect a train operator to check for things on the track when pulling into a station?

The article doesn't do a great job of describing what really happened, but then that's probably what they're arguing about and there is no 3rd party to ask. How much time did the train driver have to react?

Something very similar to this happened where I live. Drunk college kid passed out on the tracks and lost his leg. In his case though, ge admitted he was retarded for letting this happen and there wasn't ever any mention of any lawsuits.

The article doesn't do a great job of describing what really happened, but then that's probably what they're arguing about and there is no 3rd party to ask. How much time did the train driver have to react?

180 feet from the time the operator saw him according to another article on the same case. The operator claims he thought he was looking at a piece of garbage.

Back