this is a stealth bomber with camo paint

PessimiStick said:
I'm pretty sure the one in BF1942 is the Gotha Wing (229), not a Messerschmitt design.

well i don't know anything about whats in those video games.
I have never played BF90210. could be.
http://users.pandora.be/bert.dujardin/Go_229.htm
here is ur 229
Gotha_229_V3_02.jpg

here is a B2 bomber
and it is in fact related to nazi programs
b-2.gif

Last edited:
Wheat-Thin said:
god i so hope you are being sarcastic...otherwise wow you could not get ANY MORE WRONG even if you tried.. i dont even know where to begin...

1 - the ONLY base that they are operational out of is whiteman afb in Knob Knoster, mo
2 - they are housed in climate controled ABOVE ground hangers with maitanence work done at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City, Ok
3 - its ALL black
4 - the b-2 was NOT an experimental aircraft from the 40's, they may of had "flying wings" but the b-2 was NO WAY shape or form even being considered back then.. it was not until the late 70's that they started experimenting/planning the b-2 and not until unveilved un 1988 .. with the first one, the "Spirit of Missouri"(ironic eh....) being delivered on Dec 17, 1993

I was going ot chime in but Wheat Thin covered most my points =p

The original thread pic looks almost like a Northrop B-35, one of our earleir flying wing concepts, but the thing in that pic has jet engines...and not where a B-2's are placed either, so I have no idea WHAT that is supposed to be.

I'm going to bow out of this thread as it seems that not alot of you know wtf you are talking bout. I have a new policy. Don't feed teh trolls.

(not directed towards you pessemistick)

Camo on a plane is dumb. First off planes are really loud. Second if they're parked then the runway is a pretty good giveaway. Finally you're a shitty pilot to miss a bomber when you're on top of it, especially since most bombers in WWII flew in giant packs.

Synent said:
Camo on a plane is dumb. First off planes are really loud. Second if they're parked then the runway is a pretty good giveaway. Finally you're a shitty pilot to miss a bomber when you're on top of it, especially since most bombers in WWII flew in giant packs.
Silly member

Synent said:
The plane in the game never saw combat. As far as I know it never even saw air. They just made it camo 'cause it looks cool in the game. And it's not dumb, because it's used quite often in low-flying tactical planes, and if it was ineffective, I'm sure they wouldn't do it.

HelenKeller said:
:lol:

that's all well and good. but my point is...do you REALLY THINK that a B-2 needs to be concerned with something that is able to destroy it making visual contact from above?

yeah, I'd think it would be easily killable by the guns on a Mig-29 if it was spotted visually while in the air. A black shape moving isn't that hard to spot during the day, however currently the b-2 flys a lot at night.

the stealth bomber is painted black for two reasons:

1. RAM or Radar Absorbent Material is black

2. It flies primarily at night

now, I am not sure if they just made the RAM black because it suited the mission profile of stealth aircraft best, or if it's some physical property that it has, but whatever. And flying wings have been around since ww2, yes. They proved impractical at first due to their inherent instability. Modern computerized flight controls allow inherently unstable designs to become safe. Certain designs allow for incredible performance (agility, efficiency, etc. - the flying wing is one such design), but those designs were not previously controllable by humans without computer assistance.

The origional color of the Have Blue (F117 prototype) was a shade of dark blue, which is actually more ideal to blend in at night than pure black. They concluded that black however works better vs rader and more importantly, no one wanted to fly a damn near PURPLE TRIANGLE.

And although this has been pointed out, the B2's ancestors lie in earlier Northrop flying wing designs, which failed for... sketchy...reasons. (Possible sabotage and the like). If those aircraft were derived from earlier luftwaffe designs is questionable, and well, if you want to trace things back that many steps then you could trace ANYTHING TO ANYONE.

HelenKeller said:
:lol:

that's all well and good. but my point is...do you REALLY THINK that a B-2 needs to be concerned with something that is able to destroy it making visual contact from above?

yes.

And if you chop off the wings on the 229 it looks kinda like the thing Obi Wan flew in AOTC.

They proved impractical at first due to their inherent instability. Modern computerized flight controls allow inherently unstable designs to become safe

this is quote a cool tidbit of information..

the flight control computer on the b-2.. makes adjustments every .2 seconds... to make up for the instability of the aircraft design(like you mentioned)

CombatWombat said:
The origional color of the Have Blue (F117 prototype) was a shade of dark blue, which is actually more ideal to blend in at night than pure black. They concluded that black however works better vs rader and more importantly, no one wanted to fly a damn near PURPLE TRIANGLE.

^^ I heard closer to a dark pastel pink/pruple, but yah who the fuck would wanna fly that.

Synent said:

Hello, first off, welcome to combat ww2 style! They didnt have "radar" on every single plane back then bud-ee so all IFF of that era was done VISUALLY.

So the less you can see the plane, the better! Ever notice that most ww2 American naval planes were Blue (the color of that big thing we call the "ocean"), but they were White on the bottom (btw clouds are white, if you didnt realize) That is what is called "camo". Amazing concept.

Also yes, planes of that era were loud, however, if your plane is equally as loud as a plane 500m off, odds are you WONT FUCKING HEAR IT OVER YOUR PLANE YOU SACK OF FUCKING RETARDED DOGSHIT

jesus I tried so hard throughout my post to not use caps, but have a fucking clue.

im going to post in the 'mox' thread at least it is entertaining.

:mofo:

Flunky said:
the stealth bomber is painted black for two reasons:

1. RAM or Radar Absorbent Material is black

2. It flies primarily at night

now, I am not sure if they just made the RAM black because it suited the mission profile of stealth aircraft best, or if it's some physical property that it has, but whatever. And flying wings have been around since ww2, yes. They proved impractical at first due to their inherent instability. Modern computerized flight controls allow inherently unstable designs to become safe. Certain designs allow for incredible performance (agility, efficiency, etc. - the flying wing is one such design), but those designs were not previously controllable by humans without computer assistance.

You're right, they did the black for night flying. The F-22 has grey RAM paint. Grey blends in during the day better with the sky.

From what I read, the choice of black paint for the F-117A / B-2 (B-2 is dark grey I think) was "Real pilots don't fly in pastel planes".

Back