Think its the end for my dog

Santah

Veteran XX
Latest update: Hes still alive and back home :D Hes still a little sick but doing much better now. Vet thinks it is liver degeneration (being treated with antibiotics) or worse case he has a tumor. Going to see if he recovers on the antibiotics before worrying about getting an ultra sound to check for tumors. Fingers crossed. Glad to have him around for a while longer :bigthumb:

__

Update: In stable condition at veterinary clinic, staying overnight. Has a fever and they think there is something wrong with his liver. Running blood tests now.

__

I think my dog Shadow of nut biting fame is hours away from death :( Its 3:50am here, vets open at 9am. Been looking after him for the last 3 hours. Started spewing everywhere, drinking heaps, then after an hour of this began having a lot of trouble moving and was breathing very heavily. Eventually got him to lay down where he hasn't moved an inch from since. Best guess is kidney failure/stroke. Seems stable now but unfortunately I think the trip to the vets in the morning will be his last. Very sad... have been dreading this day for a while, as he is old (14).

Last edited:
Hmm, he might have recovered a little. He's back on his feet and walking, just got him to come inside (he collapsed/was laying outside). Still not healthy but he is certainly moving better at the moment. Got him laying on a bean bag outside my door now.

Bummer, we have a 5 year old lab and it's the hos world. When our lab goes, she's going to be devastated.

You usually know when it's time. No one faults someone for putting down an old dog when their time is up. Yet the person feels bad for doing it. If the dog is 14, they lived a full live. Heck, that's 98 in human years.

Back